Thread: got a job offer today...

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    Can we edit your images ?
    Yes

got a job offer today...

went for a job interview yesterday, got offered the job this morning - but cant have it because i dont have a birth certificate and cant get one for 15 days and my passport expired 8 months ago. apparently only a birth certificate or passport is what they can accept. passport i can understand but a birth certificate is probably the most invalid id as i can call myself anything and go get a birth cert in that name.

Driving licence, marriage cert and other stuff wasnt acceptable even though to get those things you need to be id checked. hell i can get an enhanced disclosure with a driving licence and p45.

If this was a job involving some kind of national security or vunerable people i could understand the need to verify id but this is a crappy call centre job and its only temporary for 6 months.

i give up and will remain a drain on the british taxpaying public instead. by the way this is the first job i have applied for since my accident 2 years ago and the last time i claimed JSa was about 12 years ago for 3 weeks ( i get disability and i have paid taxes for 22 years, so am getting all back now) but now the wife is not working we are both going to have to look for new jobs
    Last edited by copperhead; 5th October 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Photography Exp
    Beginner
    Photoshop Exp
    Beginner
    Yes
    you can get a passport same day mate costs a few bob though and i think you need to have your old passport call your local passport office. Or go down to the local birth register office place and see what the can do explain your situation
    Andy

Kit:Sony A580:S50f1.4:Sig 2x APO Tele conv: Sig10-20 f4-5.6:Sig24-70f2.8:Sig 70-200f2.8:SF42AMx2:Sony HX5 compact for the hills.

acrybbs Flikr
    Add me on FACEBOOK
    Follow me on TWITTER

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    Yes
    need my birth certificate to get passport as my last one expired and got shredded, i already rang up about that, and to get a new birth cert takes 15 days as im in scotland and i was born in england, could get both quicker if i drove to a england registry office with my id (over 150 miles away) with my id and paid £25, or passport i could do tomorrow in glasgow ( about 2 hours away) for £100+ i think.

Photography Exp
    Beginner
    Photoshop Exp
    Beginner
    Yes
    total cost £125 + fuel ouch still get you a job. just drive down to engerland and back up via weeggie and pick up a shiny new Passport sorted.. or just go get a Birth cert as you only need one of them.
    Andy

Kit:Sony A580:S50f1.4:Sig 2x APO Tele conv: Sig10-20 f4-5.6:Sig24-70f2.8:Sig 70-200f2.8:SF42AMx2:Sony HX5 compact for the hills.

acrybbs Flikr
    Add me on FACEBOOK
    Follow me on TWITTER

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    Yes
    yeah i had thought about it, but they need it by 11 am tomorrow to do checks so i can start on monday, so told them its not possible. they said they will be rcruiting again in november so will contact me then.

But its not all bad, i just got an email asking to cover an event in glasgow on saturday night, so stage pass and pay for a few hundred photos here i come!

Photography Exp
    Beginner
    Photoshop Exp
    Beginner
    Yes
    Thats a bit unfair of then tbh i would have thought the post would be held for a week at least
    Andy

acrybbs Flikr
    Add me on FACEBOOK
    Follow me on TWITTER

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Advanced
    No
    Go to the local papers, and your MP, never heard anything as stupid in my life, driving licence and NI number is enough for anyone, the agro of interviewing again etc, when did it become the norm in this crappy country to need a passport or birth certificate to get a job, they give enough out to illegals every day !

As you can tell this island we call home is begining to get on my ti*s............................. rant over.

All that said, I am sure they would have squeezed a day in, are you sure you tried hard enough ?

Photography Exp
    Beginner
    Photoshop Exp
    Beginner
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavenoidea View Post
    Go to the local papers, and your MP, never heard anything as stupid in my life, driving licence and NI number is enough for anyone, the agro of interviewing again etc, when did it become the norm in this crappy country to need a passport or birth certificate to get a job, they give enough out to illegals every day !

As you can tell this island we call home is begining to get on my ti*s............................. rant over.

All that said, I am sure they would have squeezed a day in, are you sure you tried hard enough ?
    not sure if its a government thing, but all agencies now require you to prove you are entitled to work in this country ie british citizen - passport, anyone not born in the uk needs to hold a working permit or whatever its called
    Mamiya 645 AFDii 35mm f3.5 N ,55mm f2.8 AF, 80mm f2.8 AF, 150mm f3.5 N
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    carl
    500px..... Redbubble..... Flickr..... P4M..... prophoto video's ..... ND Filter chart
    Click below for essential forum info
    CLICK HERE