Thread: White Background with reflective floor!

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    Can we edit your images ?
    No

White Background with reflective floor!

Im looking at getting some acrylic sheets so i can try out a reflective floor with my white vinyl background. Anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    Yes

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    No
    Its not sourcing the stuff I have everything to do it other than the acrylic and I can get that easily through my work. It more of the setting up ect

Photography Exp
    Advanced
    Photoshop Exp
    Advanced
    Yes
    I'm not sure what you're asking. How big is this setup? What are you trying to do? Reflective floors are often used in tabletop for product photography, most often inside a light tent. You would usually use a sweep, that is, bend the floor up into the background to make a curve, eliminating seams in the background of the finished image.

I have recently begun photographing my wife's jewelry for display on a web site, and to do this, I constructed a frame to hold a cardboard sign acquired from a local home supplies store at no cost, to use as a background. I also built a tabletop light tent from PVC pipe (very cheap) for which I have yet to obtain the cloth to cover it. I have ordered white and black reflective acrylic panels to use as a floor inside the tent for doing bracelets, earnings and the like. I use the background as-is for necklaces.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Photography Exp
    Intermediate
    Photoshop Exp
    Intermediate
    No
    It would be for portraits. Basically my white vinyl background set-up as usual but with an acrylic sheet over the top of it, it adds reflection into the floor. If you google reflective floor portraits you will see what I mean.

Thanks

Photography Exp
    Advanced
    Photoshop Exp
    Advanced
    Yes
    Well, it's something I've never tried, so I guess I can't give you anything but the obvious—watch for unwanted reflections, both from the surrounding environment and the lights. It seems that it might be something done mostly in fashion and glamor photos, and I never got into that. Good luck, and I'd like to see what you get.

TJ