To attach or to link images?
We see a lot of members, especially new members who think they have to link to images to post them.
Apart from this not being the case there are several advantages to attaching images.
- You can attach images immediately on your first post
- YOU control the sizing and quality of the images not a website
- Any Exif info you leave remains intact
- The images never go missing due to any changes to the host site
- Some members cannot see linked images, so can't comment on them
- Linked images are ineligable for competitions
- Images uploaded to external sites may suffer from processing by that site and this could change the response to the images.
you can always link off site versions of the image that are larger if desired, but the thread can always stay alive with attached images.
Threads with images no longer present will eventually be cleaned away in spring cleans.
Last edited by SeanNeedham; 31st December 2011 at 01:13 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tenchy For This Useful Post:
carlb40 (31st December 2011),chaz (31st December 2011),paulmag (31st December 2011),Roger S (1st January 2012),SAVA9E (31st December 2011),SeanNeedham (31st December 2011),Stephen F (21st February 2012),Uncle Bob (2nd January 2012)