• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers A beautiful walk looking for my Kingfisher

Styeffo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
At a local nature area, Forder Farm Park....looking for my photography goal.....a Kingfisher.....and While I didn’t 100% see one, I did see these....

F1C54D5E-9686-4D4D-B021-54373004A956.jpeg45432580-BB33-4C37-9069-233815BE5EAC.jpegF17CB4FF-9EF9-459A-8541-D1E034372FA0.jpeg

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day Stef

Beaut to see more of your pics - and it's also beaut to be able to get out & about whenever the weather permits
I also note from the image exif data that you are still in love with the P900 (well done)

May I offer some thoughts ...
The images are well exposed but (like some of mine) are lacking in pristine sharpness - from camera shake, not the camera or lens
The exif shows that you are zooming out to 450mm and over, but you are trying to use 1/50sec for a shutter speed. If your body is the same as mine (ie- breathing and therefore moving all the time) then 1/50 "ain't gunna cut the mustard" as the old saying goes

Don't tell the others here - but I cheat when shooting these type of pics
I have found that the small push of the shutter button when using our wonderful big-zoom lens causes any minor wobble of the camera to be magnified, thus giving a small loss of sharpness due to camera shake. So I use 'continuous' - take 3 or 4 or 5 pics and once at home look at each of them to select the one with the smallest about of camera blur. The first one is often blurred, but one or more of the others are usually fabulously clear and sharp

As I say - keep this a secret between us superzoom lovers ....
Hope this helps
Phil

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day Stef

Yep - your pp has boosted sharpness, contrast and some clarity ~ well done
Phil

David_MC

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The processed images look better. Great shots otherwise.