• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

The Stuck In Isolation Random Chatter Thread

Taboo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
:D Ha Ha good one! Just don't start dribbling or humping legs or you'll have to sleep outside :grin:

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My other half and I went food shopping yesterday and dressed up in our best clothes as it was the first time we'd been out in a week, how sad is that! :roll:

Southern Gent

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
My other half and I went food shopping yesterday and dressed up in our best clothes as it was the first time we'd been out in a week, how sad is that!
Like minds (except we didn't dress up) after picking up our online grocery order, went through the drive thru at a local fast food, that has a catfish plate on Friday. First meal out in two weeks!

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Give it a few years, once the inquiries are out of the way, then boom time in spending on health systems and the 24 hour churn channels are on to something new then it'll just be an irregular conversation thing.

Only things that may change in this are a decrease in on-demand tourism (not for the scare of travelling but there'll be a lot of places/airlines go down the pan), and perhaps countries may stop relying on just in time manufacturing in Asia for critical things.
action

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I am isolating but now and then go for a solo run on my m/c ,as I live in the country and alone I see no problem ,no coffee stop, turn around and come home. This solitude has made me think about the world we live in and what will be different when we come out of this pandemic.
Firstly I hope my country has tougher border controls , I hope we start to manufacture our own goods rather than the reliance on cheaper Chinese imports. I want to stop the purchasing in my country of farming land and food processing plants by foreign companies , in particular state owned Chinese..
I have my thoughts re the corona virus and China, you may not agree but please give it some thought............
It is China's wish to dominate the world and we have always thought that this may be by military action and their foe would be the USA and their allies . We have seen this by their increasing military power ,their activity in the South China Sea with man made fortified islands , their ingress into Africa and the Pacific. An all out Nuclear war would not be of benefit to either parties, loss of lives would be horrendous . In the case of China who it seems want to dominate and gain more territory a nuclear attack on the West would render lands uninhabitable for many ,many years . Water would be contaminated, a barren land would be the result . So is it possible that to achieve world power what better way would be to cripple the economy of the West and that is what we are now experiencing. Introduce a virus to the world ,yes you may sacrifice some of your own population in the process . We have seen in the past that China has no compassion for it's people ,Tianhaman Square was a good example and there have been many more instances of the disregard of human rights , many of which we hear little of . You may consider my thoughts fanciful , but please think about it

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I should of been relaxing in Create this week. Oh well at least I'm still at home and not marooned abroad with no way of getting home.
Does that mean you are knitting socks ,wood turning or other such activities ?

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It seems that some of us have departed from our normal activity and have turned our hand to making cakes . Could I suggest that competition take place .It can only be judged on the presentation of the cake .
There has been one very nice entry so far ,appearance wise ,very nice ,as to the texture that remains to be seen.
There fore I would like to present my entry of a Chocolate Cake , entry Number 2P4010042.JPG

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I am seeing so many people on Facebook baking bread. So many recipes floating around. So many people using that bread maker they got as a wedding present.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
As an update for me..as some of you may know, I work in a grocery store...I am still short of employees, working OT, and our company gave us a grocery $75 gift card last friday, adding 25 every Friday till the end of the month. In addition, starting the 5th, an additional $2 an hour to our pay.
Nice, but would like a day off, as it's been over a month.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It's quite funny with these cakes and bread makers, et al... I had to order a new soldering iron (after 14 years my el cheapo decided it had enough, and can't get canned butane in the village at the moment for the gas stick) and some flippin' odd headed torx wrenches.

What with people using whatever that's perhaps been languishing on the shelf for ages, I've spent a good few hours over the last couple of weeks fixing normally what would be disposable appliances because some cheap component, badly connected cable or cheese based soldering has let loose. Also had a few blocked drains to contend with as folk who don't know how to cook don't know how to dispose of residues either.

I've drawn the line at fixing computers as I'm not wanting to order too much online as I'm only wanting to do one stock run a month if it's urgent, and a couple of folk have asked about me fixing laptops with unidentifiable liquids in them (one of them smelled like dog pee).

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ryan is it too late for an image of the Chocolate cake or is the gardener satisfied and asked for more?

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
What do you not want when you are working from home and your kids are doing school online? Internet problems! I did all I could to determine it was not on my end and called in. It seems there is a local area outage affecting 48% of the customers in my area. They said 2 to 3 hours to fix, but it seems much more stable now.

Southern Gent

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
One problem I'm having determining when to start restocking on things. Toilet paper for example we look for it every time we go out, but the last time I found any was two weeks ago. We're still okay on it and other things, but it seems that around here we're still seeing sporadic shortages on some items, paper products, milk, eggs, bread are starting to be hit or miss. Add to that the stores are now limiting traffic in the store resulting in long lines outside, so you don't want to make multiple trips to check.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We have been doing online ordering and pick up. However, the time is getting longer. Last night the first pickup slot we could get was a week tomorrow. That means we will have to go in before that for something, even if just milk. It seems everyone is baking bread and flour is in short supply.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I am seeing so many people on Facebook baking bread. So many recipes floating around. So many people using that bread maker they got as a wedding present.
I have a bread maker stashed in the garage .... anybody got some rust remover so I can give it a try ... :cool:

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Try WD40 - might stop the bread sticking to the sides too :oops::grin:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
All the hardware stores under lockdown here, with online ordering and contactless pickup only. However, the major chain, Canadian Tire has had their web page overloaded and no one can get in to order anything. I've decided to switch my business to second largest, Home Hardware because of supreme service, matched prices and the small thing; I can actually get into the online ordering page.

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I've only been out on the front to put the bin out and flick some dog $h!t into the road off the footpath, thats still happening. Just been online to try and get a slot for collection, nothing till after April has finished because we dont like asking the daughters to have to go for the things we need.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
All the hardware stores under lockdown here, with online ordering and contactless pickup only. However, the major chain, Canadian Tire has had their web page overloaded and no one can get in to order anything. I've decided to switch my business to second largest, Home Hardware because of supreme service, matched prices and the small thing; I can actually get into the online ordering page.
Canadian Tire's website is only "ok" on a good day. They should use this time to correct their inventory. Always, always wrong, and never just just one or two items that could have been stolen, but by dozens.

This week the problem is religious holidays. Passover starts tomorrow so that always causes a rush in the grocery stores the day before and with Easter this weekend grocery stores are closed Good Friday (a holiday here but not in the US, not sure in UK) and Easter Sunday. The Saturday between those days is usually crazy busy. This year, not so much with families not getting together for Easter.

winchestergoose

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I made a cake today ,it is what I would call a Tamarillo cake . I dont know if you have Tamarillo's in the Northern Hemisphere . I was such a success and eater so quickly that I did not have time to photograph it . However I will make another.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The mayor of Toronto declared the Easter Bunny to be an essential service. He asked asked the Premier of Ontario to do the same. He did. It is nice to see very busy people doing something good for the kids.

92466629_10157454364652831_5107111690021896192_o.jpg

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
well, I have just broken up for my holiday.

I was supposed to be going climbing in Spain, now I guess I will visit my lounge. I may set my tent up in the garden to make it more authentic :)

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have got to the point where I'm having trouble working out what day it is. Every single day is more or less the same at the moment, and the weirdest thing is that with the highly restricted travel I can find out what is going off in London, New York, Paris, Madrid or other major city in the world but I know nothing of what is happening right here in the village.

The country though is wanting to start going back to "normal" next week, which I think is more that the government are scared of the coffers drying up than that the country is on it's way out of the mess.

well, I have just broken up for my holiday.

I was supposed to be going climbing in Spain, now I guess I will visit my lounge. I may set my tent up in the garden to make it more authentic :)
Where were you meant to be heading, Steve?

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I have got to the point where I'm having trouble working out what day it is. Every single day is more or less the same at the moment, and the weirdest thing is that with the highly restricted travel I can find out what is going off in London, New York, Paris, Madrid or other major city in the world but I know nothing of what is happening right here in the village.

The country though is wanting to start going back to "normal" next week, which I think is more that the government are scared of the coffers drying up than that the country is on it's way out of the mess.

Where were you meant to be heading, Steve?
I was going to el chorro, which is in the south near Malaga. Was going to be my first visit to Spain :(

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I was going to el chorro, which is in the south near Malaga. Was going to be my first visit to Spain :(
I know it, the caminito del Rey, equally as beautiful as scary; not too far from the village where the mother-in-law was born. You'll get chance to get over sometime, I don't think the rocks will go anywhere with the current situation.