1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

500px sold to Chinese company, was not fair anyway!

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Feb 27, 2018.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is all over any type of photography news that 500px was sold to a Chinese company this week. It seems that 500px may have been having a hard time making money. They were not treating photographers very well.

It seems that if you are selling photos through them part of the agreement says they can change the selling price and do not even need to tell you what that price was or the percentage you made of it.

(I know, many do not like PetaPixel but this story is only here for now)
    https://petapixel.com/2018/02/27/beware-500pxs-flexible-pricing/

2. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Many years ago I was using 500px, then it just fell by the side for me. Can't even remember what my username was.

3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm sure the new owners will reward copyright holders...

4. carlb40

carlb40 Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I actually deleted my account years ago as i didn't like the direction they were headed. :)

5. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oddly, I received an email last week saying my two week trial was done. I do not recall signing up for one. I did apply for a job there more than once (they are based here in Toronto even if they bill in USD and say they are in California).

6. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Either naive optimism or could it be thinly veiled sarcasm.............knowing you I think the latter :)

tenchy likes this.
  7. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    correct :)

paulmag likes this.