• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

8 second ride

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
My favorite action shots are those amazing 8 second rides!

DSC_3330.jpegDSC_3332.jpegDSC_3334.jpegDSC_3336.jpegDSC_3341.jpegDSC_3345.jpegDSC_3346.jpegDSC_3347.jpeg

Taboo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Well done! Those last three are beauties! Glad its not my body :oops:

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Well done! Those last three are beauties! Glad its not my body :oops:
Thanks Taboo! I always think the same thing LOL

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
These are beautifully caught, Renee. One more hint for forums; try to number your photos when posting more than a couple. I'm having to scroll up and down to remember which ones I wanted to comment on.

OK, so number 4, 5 and 8 work so wonderfully because the horses are caught with all 4 feet off the ground. That's action for you.

BTW, one of these just might win in next year's Forum Awards sports and Action category if you decide to submit them when the time comes.

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
These are beautifully caught, Renee. One more hint for forums; try to number your photos when posting more than a couple. I'm having to scroll up and down to remember which ones I wanted to comment on.

OK, so number 4, 5 and 8 work so wonderfully because the horses are caught with all 4 feet off the ground. That's action for you.

BTW, one of these just might win in next year's Forum Awards sports and Action category if you decide to submit them when the time comes.
Hey Roger thanks! Thanks for the tip about numbering I'll make sure to remember that. Where do I find photo contests for the forum? Oh and does this forum have a Flickr group? I requested to join and I think I'm waiting for an Admin to accept my request.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Where do I find photo contests for the forum?

Oh and does this forum have a Flickr group? I requested to join and I think I'm waiting for an Admin to accept my request.
I believe we do, but I hardly ever go in there. I'm sure one of our other members will be along shortly with the answer to that.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Ye Haa .... shame he didn't keep his hat on though ..... :grin:

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Ye Haa .... shame he didn't keep his hat on though ..... :grin:
Agreed, someone needs to tell him that's what that little chin strap is for :cool:

Dusty

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Rodeo looks tough to shoot! With the stands so close behind and you shooting from above getting any sort of seperation is tough... nice job.

I follow another rodeo photographer who take some stunning shots: https://www.instagram.com/mattcohenphoto/

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Rodeo looks tough to shoot! With the stands so close behind and you shooting from above getting any sort of seperation is tough... nice job.

I follow another rodeo photographer who take some stunning shots: https://www.instagram.com/mattcohenphoto/
Thanks Dusty! Most of my rodeo shots I've shot in f/8 which doesn't allow much bokeh so the spectators and cowboys helping out are in clear view. This year I will be shooting more in f5/6 to give more focus on the action and not the background.

Dusty

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks Dusty! Most of my rodeo shots I've shot in f/8 which doesn't allow much bokeh so the spectators and cowboys helping out are in clear view. This year I will be shooting more in f5/6 to give more focus on the action and not the background.
Hope it goes well. The guy I mentioned above uses a prime 200 f2 a lot - but that's a serious committment to kit :)

Renee Lund

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Hope it goes well. The guy I mentioned above uses a prime 200 f2 a lot - but that's a serious committment to kit :)
Wow f/2? Geez O Pete mine doesn't go that low, lol. Photography is such a great hobby and therapy for my depression but not so great to one's wallet, LOL. I probably use my limited amount of lenses for too broad of scope but glass is just too expensive to have one for everything I shoot.