1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

A Brief History of Kodak: The Rise and Fall of a Camera Giant

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by Mike Singh, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nicely researched and presented.

Mike Singh likes this.
  3. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Interesting, now they've wound up UK operations as Alaris I guess I can now come clean and admit I did work as a technical contractor at Harrow occasionally with some of their ultrasonic instrumentation and a few weird bits of kit.

It was a tragedy but over a few years I watched the Harrow site shrink and shrink.

I have a Kodak ID card, which I have kept as a momento.

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I also lived in the Kodak town of Hemel Hempstead. The sports club is now a derelict waste ground but parts of the running track are still visible. Most of the buildings that were once a big part of the industrial estate are now either waste ground or have been replaced with warehouses for the likes of Amazon. The big Kodak tower by the magic roundabout has been converted into a cladding encased block of flats.

At one time kids of this town left school and worked in either John Dickinson’s or Kodak with a few at Ovaltine, all have long since gone. We used to also have a huge Lucas Aerospace factory and Rolls Royce here, the former is waste ground while the latter and the airfield where it once stood is now the Warner Bros studios and Harry Potter attraction. You would think with all these lost companies jobs would be in short supply, it unemployment here is very low. Problem is it has resulted in more people commuting and all the problems that brings. Where once the majority could walk to work, now everyone sits for hours in traffic.