1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique A couple from a park or two

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by SharonH, Feb 14, 2019.

1. SharonH

SharonH Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have a couple of new lenses, they can only be used on manual mode so it's a bit of a struggle at the moment but it's definitely kicked my behind into getting off auto mode. Saying that though the first picture is with my original lens and in auto mode lol
    Image24.jpg

This next one is on manual, it's a Nikon series E 75-150mm zoom.
    Image26.jpg

The robin photo has been cropped, the original has about 4 times more tree in it.

ed taylor likes this.
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Sharon

Trying out new lenses / cameras always comes with a learning curve - but it gets easier after a while
    Not sure what #1 is about - is it a flash shot too? and #2 - well you are finding out that cropping can only go so far and your next step is the 100-400 or something like that :D

Phil

3. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I think the 1st shot is a fungus of some sort but don't ask me.
    The second has got you in a spot of bother.
    I don't read settings that people use.
    I would have a go at a few set up shots at home.
    All you have to do is get some food cans or bottle and move back.
    Take a few shots and see if you can read what is written there.
    Could save a lot of extra work once out and about, its worth a try.

4. SharonH

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you both :)
    I think the fungus is called Artists bracket, it was huge. Yes the flash was used.
    I am bidding on a lens on eBay atm but have a back-up bookmarked if I don't win it though, it's a 70-300mm.
    One of my work colleagues gave me some flowers last week so they will make a great focus for some home shots :)

5. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Getting used to lenses takes a little while and to get get closer to birds you need a nice long lens.

6. SharonH

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)