1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

A titillating flash diffuser?

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by hooferinsane, Apr 15, 2018.

1. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This really isn't meant for the just for fun forum :)

Those that use a very small speedlight such as a Nissin i40 or a Godox TT350 (I have both) will have problems getting any sort of diffusion for the flashes except the standard one it comes with. However when I was in the haberdashery department in John Lewis with my wife on Friday, I noticed bra cups for swimwear
    :whistle3:

Ok the first picture is front view (it could be straighter on the flash), second is side view, and last is back view (again need to adjust better than this on the flash) And yes in three, that's a bra strap retainer holding it on.....
    I am actually using one of these flashes on cam at Comic con 2018 in may, (no other option) for portraits. Haven't tested it that much, but it does give a nice diffuse light. This is B cup, but going to to try out larger sizes to see if diffusion is any better.

I can't believe I just posted this lol.

btw my daughters (24 and 20)who are coming to Comic con are already objecting about the flash being taken on the day with this diffuser

#1.jpg

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Newbandit, paulmag, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  2. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ha ha brilliant. You'll have photographers coming up to you asking where to get your special brand of diffuser!

hooferinsane and Mike Singh like this.
  3. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great idea Brian. You can line the inside back wall with some foil paper to help reflect some more of the light forward.
    Mike

hooferinsane likes this.
  4. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    brilliant!

you may make Godox go bust! :exit:

RyanB and hooferinsane like this.
  5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hilarious and brilliant at the same time. :D

hooferinsane likes this.
  6. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Brian
    I just realised that the front of your reflector is open. Please ignore my advice above!
    Mike

hooferinsane likes this.
  7. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks, I am going to try out a DD size cup to see if it spreads the light over a wider area, currently only on a B cup :D

Mike Singh likes this.
  8. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Your title gave a good hint of your approach, but I was surprised at how suitable it looks.
    If you hadn't told your daughters the source of your new diffuser I'm sure there would be no complaints at all.

hooferinsane likes this.
  9. Newbandit

Newbandit Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Brilliant idea :grin:

hooferinsane likes this.