1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Agfa Super Solina..should I keep it??

Discussion in 'Film and Vintage Forum' started by Graham Spiers, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Graham Spiers

Graham Spiers Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well I went to the local Car Boot sale today andpicked up a Agfa Super Solina 35mm camera
    the cost very expensive at £1... have got it home and all seems to work (not tried a film yet).

I only picked it up to look at but when the said I could have it a £1, I satched it up!!!

I am now toying with the idea of collecting vintage camera's.
    would this be a good start?? or should I bang it on fleabay??? and what do you think it is worth(has the original leather case).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There's couple of these on Fleabay right now, listed around £25 + shipping. You wouldn't make a whole lot flipping it, but still percentage wise, a good profit. The good thing is that you have the instruction manual and there's one of those of Fleabay for £20 all by itself. The Super Solina was only made between 1960 and 1962 so they are a lesser known camera.

3. john.margetts.ph

john.margetts.ph Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    if you want to collect cameras, it is best to have a theme or you will end up swamped with all sorts. This is an excellent cheaper 35mm camera and would fit well with my theme of rangefinder cameras. It is certainly not to be sneezed at. I think the £25 mentioned above is a bit generous - £15 to £20 would be my expectation.

Roger S likes this.
  4. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Over Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    from a collectors point of view these would come into the everyday snap shot class, mass produced for the holiday maker type photographer the lens and mechanics do the job but nothing spectacular. Value wise i'd say low because theres many of this type about.

5. Graham Spiers

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks guy's £20 not bad for a £1 then :D. but for that money I don't think it's worth selling .
    So my trip into Camera Collecting starts here!!!! and I think your'e right about a theme John.

Mines gonna be Camera's I brought for a pound!!:exit:

6. GarryN

GarryN Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    careful, I started buying just a few vintage cameras and ended up buying over 200.

You can get films for £1 at Poundland and try it out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  7. Graham Spiers

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well I have decided to collect Nikon F series .. Why they are cheap and plentiful, and my budget is very tight :crying-2: so if anyone wants the Agfa for a nikon 'F' let me know

And I have already broken my camera's for a pound rule!!
    Got these for three for under a tenner. what should i be paying for most 'F' camera's??

Nothing special(not keen on the silver) but its a start..............................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I imagine that like most old things if you can buy them with the original box and packaging, more expensive to buy I know, but they'll increase in value much more in years to come. Toy cars are another example.

9. Graham Spiers

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oh No!! been at it again!!! A Nikon F-301, F-601 and a EM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  10. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have a selection of old cameras I have had a fair few but most have been played with then moved on.

11. Graham Spiers

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well the EM turned up today, and after a good clean and a tinker with the battery connections .
    I am please to say all seems to be 100%.

I have stuck aTokina 28-70mm lens on it just need to run a film through it now:snappy:

12. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Over Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    EM's come in 2 varieties, silver and blue button. Both are essentially the same but they changed the battery check and 2 stop exposure button overide colour. From a practical point of view they take all AI. AIS and AFD lenses. I have used one as a holiday camera and occasional film backup when using the F4s's. Look for the later chrome ring series E 1.8 lens as the early all black one doesnt wear as well

Currently have 6 complete with MDE and SBE