1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Another magazine shuts down

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Many have switched to online only but this one is shutting down. Outdoor Photography Canada has been around for 11 years and I have been a subscriber several times. It was the only Canadian magazine covering the topic.

https://www.outdoorphotographycanada.com/closing/

2. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    We do have a similar named magazine in the UK, perhaps it may follow suit

3. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hope not, it is the only one I ever really buy.

4. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The Internet seems responsible for the loss and decline of many things now.

5. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    hmm, maybe. I see two other things affecting magazines and newspapers. The first affects me the most, I just don't have time to read them - which is to say that my priorities have shifted over the years and I don't give the magazines the time they deserve. The other is cost, most magazines are too expensive off the shelf and subscribing runs into the issue of clutter because of the first thing. I do get Photoshop User monthly with which I'm about a year behind in my reading that and recently I re-subscribed to Wired having given it up years ago because of the piles of magazines that were building up unread. I just threw out all of the IEEE and ACP magazines that I saved - most of the articles unread.

Maybe our attention spans are getting shorter and we're more easily distracted but I wouldn't blame it on the Internet as it has the complete newspapers, the online magazines and cat videos - the cat videos appear to win out.

6. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They are certainly not related, this one was the only publication this company made.

7. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)