• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Another Portrait from Yesterday

Tracie B.

Always on
Premium Member
I can see why, She really is very pretty and her hair is amazing and works with her bra choice of course...:D

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Much better than the other, Barry. Here eyes are beautiful, and the copper shines through in virtually everything.

Haripaul

Always on
Premium Member
Superb Barry she is a great model. This shot has a sense of sensuality about it, well done.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Superb Barry she is a great model. This shot has a sense of sensuality about it, well done.
We've worked together briefly before but spent a good chunk of time before shooting catching up and building a better rapport which with hindsight really helped the shoot go so well.

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
How's her knees Barry? :)
This is a belter, super model , pose and light and +1 on the coordinated bra and hair ! . Super work

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Very nice Barry - that's truly stunning. :first:
Thanks Trevor, I think this may be my favourite image from a day full of images I'm pretty chuffed with. It has to be said that I did the easy bit though, without a great subject it would be a snap.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
great one Barry. Really like this one. good look and looks, like the light, her colour co-ordinatuions is great, lovely eyes, and a bit of bare shoulder on top :)

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
great one Barry. Really like this one. good look and looks, like the light, her colour co-ordinatuions is great, lovely eyes, and a bit of bare shoulder on top :)
Cheers Steve, this one really leapt out at me when I went through them.

This is easily my favourite of the set Barry.
Thanks Dave, it's my joint favourite with the chair one but either way I love this one.

Stephen F

Always on
Premium Member
Cracking shot Barry and especially so being colour blind, the colour's are very complementary and add to the overall image , mind you had some great material to work with, a very pretty young lady, well done sir.

oneoone

Really nice shot and lighting, just a few things really stand out for me,
her face/skin is super matt and looks like you just put it portrait pro without masking ( that could be down to the low res image you have to upload to this site )
a lot of distracting hair including the one coming off her bra and on to her skin
and her elbow just looks strange sticking out.
Its a super good shot and I'm just saying what id change if I was editing it.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Really nice shot and lighting, just a few things really stand out for me,
her face/skin is super matt and looks like you just put it portrait pro without masking ( that could be down to the low res image you have to upload to this site )
a lot of distracting hair including the one coming off her bra and on to her skin
and her elbow just looks strange sticking out.
Its a super good shot and I'm just saying what id change if I was editing it.
The loss of detail is due to the heavy use of a gaussuan blurred layer over the top in an ortonesque sort of fashion but I'll have a look at a less heavy edit and take care of the hairs and see which I prefer. Thanks for the cc!

Isac

Always on
That is one super portrait Barry. It has all the elements that we all strive for in trying to get "the one". Nailed it!