1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Another star trail from Downunder

Discussion in 'All Other Images Forum' started by Ozzie_Traveller, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day all

Another star trail from the southern skies - along with several aircraft + one meteorite & a few clouds later into the evening!
    exif - panasonic superzoom - 230 exp x 30secs @ F2,8 & ISO-800 stacked using 'Startrails.de' software
    [​IMG]

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

SharonH and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice one Phil. Shame about the planes. Did u use an intervalometer?

3. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Mike
    Hmmmm - the planes - I tend to like 'em as they create a slightly different story to the image

Intervalometer ... nup, just a remote / cable release. Setting up is minimal - around sunset, focus to infinity then flip AF to MF
    The camera is set to "M" + continuous + 30sec + max aperture + ISO-800 + 1x zoom ... and away it went till the battery ran out about 2-hrs later

1st image was about 30 minutes after actual sundown and the rest just followed happily - while I was inside reading a book
    Phil

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Spot on with the pole star...or whatever...great image

5. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Pete

Being a Downunder fella, we don't have your 'pole star' ... we have a bevy of 'em called the Southern Cross
    He're's how we Downunder-ers find our way at night :)

,Stars, Southern Polar location-2.jpg

Phil

Mike Singh likes this.
  6. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cheers Phil, wondered what you used!

7. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great trail! I don't mind planes and satalites in my trails either. To be honest I think a nicer foreground would work better.

8. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day mate

Yep - I agree ... and I have dozens of others with buildings, church spires, farm windmills etc. as foregrounds. At the moment I am on a small farm in outback NSW and that's all I could come up with :(

Phil

Ash (Jacko) likes this.