1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Apologies for being quiet...

Discussion in 'Non Photography Chat Forum' started by Jenbenjen, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I havent been very active on the forum for the last few days. I did a wedding on Tuesday and every spare moment I have I have been editing!!

I cannot tell you how sick I am of looking at these pics now! lol I am approaching the end of them now and in fact I am happier now than I was on tuesday night, really worried that I hadnt done a good job. Then went through them again and I think the family will be happy with them.

It was an older wedding - bride is 74 years young! Just 25 guests and all took place in a hotel. Unfortunately it was raining so no out door shots at all, and the hotel really didnt have any "fabulous" spots.

I have to say that I am knackered!! It is very hard work doing a wedding! I know I did my nieces but I had the safety net there of having a hired photographer doing the official pics - I only had to worry about the speeches and first dance on that one really (although i did do church etc).

When it came to the ceremony, the registrars table had been put right up against the window and I had a space which was about 4 foot square to work in! I couldnt get any further back because of the window and wall. So angles and different shots were very difficult.

Massive massive hats off to you wedding toggers - I bow down to you :bow-down:

2. Stemmy

Stemmy Old Hand Super Admin

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Just the three for me this weekend :)

3. Jenbenjen

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    ...... Im not worthy to speak to you Martin! :)

4. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I now what you mean Jen. I have had a pile up of editing (not cleared) taking up all my time. When I want to be shooting some more instead.

5. Stemmy

Stemmy Old Hand Super Admin

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    You need to speed up your workflow then. I can edit a wedding from RAWs to DVD for client in about 4 hours.

6. Jenbenjen

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I hate having it hanging about - I have to just get on and do it -finish the job and on to the next. Unfortunately the type of person I am if I have it too long I lose interest in it, and as you say Steve whilst Im editing I cant get out there to take more shots!

7. balami

balami Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I thought the internet was broken lol !

8. Jenbenjen

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    pmsl!!!!! lol In the words of Arnie - I WILL BE BACK!! ;)

9. HiServe

HiServe Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Can I have a moan about not taking photos or editing? My mother-in-law has been extra difficult recently, keeps screaming but no one can work out if she is hurting or just extra barmy! Could have a uti I suppose. Then 2 weeks ago my mum had a funny 5 minutes, taken off to hospital & they thought it might be a minor stroke; they did some tests then sent her home to be called for more tests. Today she had another incident so I had to put mother-in-law to bed early, then go to join my mum in hospital and spend 4 hours in a&e! This time they decided to keep her in to do the tests. Fortunately she seems to be back to normal but it's very stressful. Sorry, just wanted a moan.

10. Jenbenjen

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Oh Jackie! I know you always have your hands full with Mum in Law - so sorry to hear about your extra worry and stress. Hope your Mum has a speedy recovery. You need a break girl! But I know it must be impossible for you to try and get. :(

HiServe likes this.
  11. Jenbenjen

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    ps Jackie ..... you can have my editing if you want!! :)

HiServe likes this.
  12. HiServe

HiServe Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Thanks Jen. I get 4 weeks subsidised respite (I am trying to get an extra 2 as I don't have any carers coming in) a year. Otherwise it is £1000 a week!

On the positive side our daughter visited for a few days this week & she gave me a makeup lesson yesterday. The idea is to be able to do some makeup on some of the ladies I photograph.

13. slipper

slipper Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Thats not nice jackie, it seems everyone I know is having problems too, including me, so its endemic. The only way is up! so good luck :)

Sorry Jen, but that made me actually laugh. Well done on the wedding, I admire your energy and tenacity.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    HiServe likes this.
  14. Violaman

Violaman Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    It should never be necessary for a woman to apologise for being quiet! :giveflowers:

Jenbenjen likes this.
  15. HiServe

HiServe Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I don't think I would do as good a job as you!

16. stibbz

stibbz Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    It's just not "jen like" for you to be quiet lol

Love the "I thought the internet was broken lol ! " magic :)