1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Argus Argoflex operation

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by Myles remde, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Myles remde

Myles remde New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi everybody, I was recently given an argoflex tlr from about the mid 40s and I'm really interested in using it. My background in photography is limited therefore this camera is completely foreign to me, so I need help understanding the sheer basics of it. As of now, embarrassingly enough, I don't even know how to take a picture with it. I know how to adjust my aperture and have looked at how to load film and focus but I don't quite understand what this cameras equivalent of a shutter button is, if it even has one. So basically can anybody tell me how to use this camera?

2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    hi and welcome. Can't help myself but I know there are some here who can.

4. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome. That is a cool camera. First you will have to figure out if it works. Your best source of information would be online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The shutter is in the lens, you'll need to fiddle with the metal knobs on the opposite side of the lens to the apperture control to work out which one cocks and which one fires.

6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Here's a link to your owners' manual.

Argus Argoflex

7. Brian Snider

Brian Snider New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thought I might try to bring this thread back and continue on with a specific problem I'm having. I got an Argoflex (E series I think, based on other's cameras) The camera itself wasn't in too bad of shape, but there were a couple problems: the first being that the viewing lens and the focusing lens had been knocked out of wack and were just barely spinning freely. The second real problem is that the shutter was stuck. I took the camera apart, cleaned and oiled everything, got the shutter working and as I was putting the lenses back on I noted that I did not mark where they were to start. Not that this actually mattered because both lenses were spinning independently of one another to start with. Any ideas on how to make sure they are actually focusing properly? I've seen some stuff on this but nothing specifically for the Argoflex. I know I could probably find another in working condition for around $10 but i really wanted to try to make this work first

8. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If all of the spacers and retaining rings were replaced to their original locations and order then the lenses should be in the correct position for focus. Your best bet is to shoot a roll of film.