• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Argyll Winter Scenes

alpethsm

Old Hand
Think the third is my pick, nice tones and composition. Also liking the fourth. On the eighth have you considered a square crop losing the nearest big rock?

SFTphotography

Old Hand
Am I going insane or has this thread grown a few more pics over the last few minutes. :blurry-drunk:

In which case #2 in my post is really #4 but #3 is best. :)
It did grow but I have now ran out of cold pictures. As you know winter isn't for me so I am using the time to reprocess old images and sort out my back up system and cataloguing so when summer comes...:D

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
cool stuff, I think number 5 is my fave. nice moody take on the castle but with nice light as well.

SFTphotography

Old Hand
No.s 3 and 4 for me Stephen, very nice.
4 (a different version) of it got a highly commended in the BLPA awards in 2016 and had a spot in the Pall Mall Galleries for "British weather" - probably on account of it being cold and frozen. I took this after a night camping - it was bitterly cold and an experience I would never wish to repeat.

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
A good varied set Stephen, only observation would be the foreground rock in #3 isn't interesting enough to warrant it's place in what is an excellent and pleasing view. But an all round good set with some dramatic light

SFTphotography

Old Hand
A good varied set Stephen, only observation would be the foreground rock in #3 isn't interesting enough to warrant it's place in what is an excellent and pleasing view. But an all round good set with some dramatic light
Yep - agree. I was late to the party and it was wall to wall tripods. Short of getting in someones way I couldn't really get the composition I wanted. Winter days seem to bring everyone and anyone who has a tripod to the area. During the snowy spell a few weeks back the place was tripping over itself with photographers all chasing the white stuff.

In the summer months it's much quieter photographer wise - namely as practically everyone prefers winter and a lot struggle with the early starts (they never have and never will bother me) so you get the place to itself.

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
You'd have no idea from your shots that it was teeming with togs! So well done on getting your elbows out :)