1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Attempted Killing

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by Arthur.36, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I was having a bad bad and movement was like walking on razor blades.
    So I had to stay in bed and hope or wait for the pain to drop.
    When there was a loud thud on the wall outside.
    I then heard birds real close making a lot of noise and it forced me to move.
    I got outside and see this scene and even with me there they didn't care.
    So inside and grab my camera and hope I am in time to get it.

What I was watching was Butcher Birds attacking a just out of the nest Cuckoo baby.
    The thud was it hitting the wall and then fell into the little wheelbarrow I made.
    The attack continue even with me close by. I could have stopped it but I have watch nature shows so I never stopped what was going to happen

In one shot the baby looks at me as to say help me.
    But I was left amazed that the 2 larger Butcher Birds gave up and flew away.
    About 30 seconds later so did the baby, so no damage was done to it.
    And it shows how strong willed a baby is when in a position that might be its last time alive. DSC04543.JPG

DSC04553.JPG

DSC04642.JPG

DSC04650.JPG

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I certainly do not fault you for allowing nature to take it's course, Arthur. After all, nature is natural and predators have to do what they do, regardless.
    That said, this is a great series and well documented.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  3. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No
    It was a hard thing to do but its more apart of nature and when we put our big noses in there we normally stuff it up far more than intended.
    Thanks for your comments.

Roger S likes this.
  4. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    As roger said well documented , and well done for not stepping in as i know it is some times hard to stand back and let things sort them self's out. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  5. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks for that and this was a little while ago but most if not more have been added.
    But getting out taking the odd shot help to take your mind off things and its pleasing to not think about it on those times.

6. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Gosh ! Well captured.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  7. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You captured nature in action. Well done.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  8. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks for your encouraging comments as to read them makes me feel like I am on the right track.
    So I know many say thank you I am really saying it.

9. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work Arthur. A man after my own heart, I just watch these kinds of things in awe.

Get better soon.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  10. Arthur.36

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks for that Phil and I do think that how bad it could have turned out I had no place in stopping the action.
    Who knows they could have had a few baby one of their own needing a feed.
    The only time I have stepped in was with the Shingle Backs getting caught up in our yards.
    I catch them then take the out bush and let them go.