1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

''Aussie Morris Men''

Discussion in 'All Other Images Forum' started by winchestergoose, Feb 10, 2016.

1. winchestergoose

winchestergoose Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Taken many years ago ......hope they are still going strong, liked watching them when visiting the UK. I guess most of these guys would be ex pats . IMAG0010.JPG

2. winchestergoose

winchestergoose Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I saw these guys at Winchester......I think they called them selves ''King Johns Morris Men'' DSC00002.JPG

3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    wonder what the aussies make of them LOL.
    2nd could use the blue cast taking out, I imagine these are scans of film photos?

4. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I must admit I have never seen any in the flesh.

5. winchestergoose

winchestergoose Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Speaking as an Aussie I reckon they are great .......one thing though, you dont make fun of a big guy with bells on his legs

6. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    cool its been years since I last saw some morris dancing, but then its been years since I last went to a village fete

7. D.Sant

D.Sant Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some classics there

8. Isac

Isac Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Something you don't see in OZ. Great captures.

9. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    theres something slightly sinister about Morris Men ( this may be down to reading Terry Pratchett and hes mention of "the other Morris dance" performed by the Dark Morris men. also they remind me of the brilliant movie The Wicker Man.. very Pagan and one may suspect strange things go in when it comes to Morris men,

Andy 0 likes this.
  10. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree, there's something dark about it aesthetically, whilst a different subject entirely, as well as the allusions you've conjured Deliverance also springs to mind, similarly you can imagine there are some odd goings on and ritual behind the curtain.

It's fun to imagine, but I'm certain there isn't in any way.

I've seen them a few times, Aylesbury rings a bell of you'll pardon the pun.

I think it's more of a Southern England thing, but I could be entirely incorrect.

11. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    west country primarily but they have morris groups in yorkshire and further north too. you also have the Dark or silent morris teams that dance silently at dusk on october 31st , morris groups like the crows and beltaineborder morris.
    check this lot out and you'll see what i mean!
    https://www.beltaneborder.co.uk/gallery

12. beersurgeon

beersurgeon Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)