1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique B.S.B Snetterton

Discussion in 'Sports & Action Photography Forum' started by Stephen F, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Managed to get to Snetterton for the BSB test day this summer, this was the day Shaky Bryne crashed and broke his neck and a lot besides and i did capture the whole crash and ended up sending the images to his friend so he could show the surgeon how the crash unfolded. But on a happier note i did get some images that i was quite happy with
    #4 Jack Kennedy #61 Ben Currie #33 Keith Farmer. untitled-2.jpg untitled.jpg IMGP7661.jpg

Mike Singh and oldgeezer like this.
  2. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They don't get any better than this - brilliant compositions throughout (with more space in front than behind). Good panning skills too.

3. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Superb action shots with perfect shutter speed.

4. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Snip's and Paul, your comments are appreciated, i know this type of shots never garner that much interest (Ref Snips recent post) but nice to know that some appreciate them.

5. Christopher

Christopher Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Excellent action shots. Stunning really. They would make great posters. Well done.

6. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I must admit I don't know why I bother posting sometimes but it is what it is. With sports shots you have to get the timing and shutter speed etc just right so not as easy as people think.

rob.tolley77 likes this.
  7. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Amen to that Paul, the first time i went out with my camera was 10 months after my stroke and boy was my timing out, i went to a kart meeting and you can get pretty close to the track and i think that out of 400+ shots i had around 2o that were any good but i kept at it and have improved a bit, mind still get it wrong plenty.

8. Haripaul

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Sorry to read that you had stroke Steve hope your'e ok now.
    I take between 300 / 400 shots during a meeting and I reckon i lose about 20% of those usually to the auto focus not keeping up with the speed.

9. rob.tolley77

rob.tolley77 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Taken through the fencing at Silverstone in 2013.

D80 + Sigma 70-210mm f4.5-5.6

Shot at 210mm
    1/500th
    f5.6
    ISO100

valentino-rossi-ita_9665368797_o.jpg

Superb shots Stephen, great composition and love the colours and contrast

10. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The great Valentino Rossi, the GOAT. Fences are getting to be a proper pain at a lot of the big circuits thats why i prefer the smaller uk circuits like mallory and cadwell park.

11. rob.tolley77

rob.tolley77 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Youre not wrong there Stephen. Brands Hatch isn't too bad, there's always Darley Moor as well for some good clubby racing.

12. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some great racing at club level and Darley moor is great for grabbing some great images as the 2 attached. IMGP3635-2.jpg

IMGP3926-2.jpg

Haripaul likes this.
  13. ImSoQuazy

ImSoQuazy Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  14. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    5BF89925-4F3D-4125-AC09-17A6CB5B04F4.jpeg This is only my preference mind, but I would like to see a slower shutter speed and more spoke and background blur. I keep my shutter speed down to about 1/200. It does require a steady pan and it does more often than not mean I get less keepers.

15. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not been to a bsb round for years. Mallory and Donnington were my favourite. I hear they are expensive now.

Anyway good shots through the thread.