1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Backyard Wedding

Discussion in 'Wedding Images Forum' started by valdano, Apr 1, 2018.

1. valdano

valdano Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    So I shot this wedding exactly 1 week ago. Prior to this wedding, I shot with a 70-200 2.8, a Nikon 50 1.8 and a Sigma 17-50 2.8 (which I absolutely hated). I had ordered a Nikon 85 1.8g and the 35 1.8g ED and it came just in time for the wedding. Well, I didn't know that just those 2 lenses would have been so versatile! I was blown away by the quality of the images coming from these lenses and I wish I had made this purchase years ago. If there's anyone thinking of buying any of these lenses, think no more... Just do it!

PS. The last shot was taken with my Nikon D90. My D700 broke right at the end hahaha.

Stef+Drez-32.jpg Stef+Drez-46.jpg Stef+Drez-50.jpg Stef+Drez-139.jpg Stef+Drez-144.jpg Stef+Drez-163.jpg Stef+Drez-189.jpg

Mike Singh and Bill M like this.
  2. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not sure I'd be happy with these for my wedding pics. That dark part on most the left shots, blown highlights, some are not even level

valdano likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    To be honest, I have seen better from you. As mentioned above, the blown out parts are not your best work.

4. valdano

valdano Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hmm. That's quite interesting. This is the second time today someone has mentioned the images being blown out. I'm seriously starting to wonder if my screen has an issue because the exposure seems fine on my end. It's really something I need to look into on Tuesday after the holidays.

@ Kevin Fox - Appreciate this bud. I'm seeing one that needs straightening (image 5), which other one do you think could use some aligning? I'm going to investigate the exposure issue because it might be a screen calibration issue on my part. The exposures look fine on my end, but it seems they're really not.

@roger - Yea i've been out of the game for a while. My first wedding on the new year, but the critique is good. Here I was thinking I did a good job. A few months away and everything starts to look good, even when it's not haha.

Mike Singh and Roger S like this.