1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Batch processing in CS5. How?

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by mickledore, Jan 3, 2011.

1. mickledore

mickledore Banned

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I've been having a look at the trial version of CS5. Took a load of photos this morning and worked on them, as you do.

Previously I've only used Elements, but once I've done all my work on the RAW files I convert them into JPEGs for publishing etc. I do this by using the Process Multiple Files facilty. This carries out basic tasks such as Auto Levels/Contrast/Colour/Sharpen and then does the conversion into a nominated folder for me.

I'm trying to find something similar in CS5. Does anything exist or have I to process and convert all files individually?

Apologies if something is obvious, but I've not got my head round everything in there yet.

2. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
  3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    not seen CS5, but is it under File/Automate?

4. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I get you now... You are talking about the "image processor"...

File->Scripts->Image Processor.

5. mickledore

mickledore Banned

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    I just ckick on File, and there is an option Process Multiple Files. Makes life easy for finishing off images. Lookin g for a similar "shortcut" in CS5.

6. G2EWS

G2EWS Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    As Sean has said, except I go into Bridge, select all the photos I want changed then go:

Tools, Photoshop, Image Processor.

Regards

Chris