• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

BEIR BEIRAX II

anthony marsh

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
I have just acquired a BEIR BEIRAX II with a 105 mm 4.5 E. LUDWIG MERITAR. Does anyone know what quality it might be? It is coated so that is a plus however I have no idea how it will perform with black and white film.

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
I had to look the lens up- it is a classic Cooke Triplet design, and should do quite well on medium format. For 35mm cameras- it was the entry level design. Most higher end Polaroid "Pack" cameras had a glass triplet.

anthony marsh

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
Thank you, it has been difficult finding any information about it. Would I be correct in assuming that it may be fairly good stopped down between f8 and f 11?

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
I would think F8 will do well, and F11 probably a bit better. No diffraction issues with a 105mm lens.

The Argus C-3 has the 50mm F3.5 "Cintagon", which is a classic Cooke Triplet. I converted one for use on the Leica- it was quite good.