• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Belated greetings .

My apologies, it's been pointed out to me that I should really let people know who I am so here goes. Yes, that really is my name before anyone asks (only those of a certain age will get the connection but everyone used to make comments like Bernie the bolt etc at one point). I don't class myself as a photographer as such, more of a taker of pictures, mainly consisting of my Grandchildren these days and since the cameras got a little better on my mobile I've tended to get lazy and not taken the slr out much.
I first started with an slr many years ago with a Zenith 11, clunky and very old fashioned but I enjoyed using it and took quite a few decent photos with it. This was followed by a major upgrade to an Olympus Om2n, well two of them actually with various lenses, 18mm,24mm, 50mm 35-70mm, 135mm and a 250mm (I think). Once the digital cameras started coming out I spent £350 on a 3mp digital with zoom. 3mp?. So now I have Canon 600 which I rarely use but I have decided to rectify that which is why I'm looking for the replacement part for the lens. Mainly I tune classic Lambrettas, making my own barrels, heads, expansion chambers etc. - the reason why I don't have the time to go on forums. Not to mention the four Grandchildren we have regularly.

My apologies, it's been pointed out to me that I should really let people know who I am so here goes. Yes, that really is my name before anyone asks (only those of a certain age will get the connection but everyone used to make comments like Bernie the bolt etc at one point). I don't class myself as a photographer as such, more of a taker of pictures, mainly consisting of my Grandchildren these days and since the cameras got a little better on my mobile I've tended to get lazy and not taken the slr out much.
I first started with an slr many years ago with a Zenith 11, clunky and very old fashioned but I enjoyed using it and took quite a few decent photos with it. This was followed by a major upgrade to an Olympus Om2n, well two of them actually with various lenses, 18mm,24mm, 50mm 35-70mm, 135mm and a 250mm (I think). Once the digital cameras started coming out I spent £350 on a 3mp digital with zoom. 3mp?. So now I have Canon 600 which I rarely use but I have decided to rectify that which is why I'm looking for the replacement part for the lens. Mainly I tune classic Lambrettas, making my own barrels, heads, expansion chambers etc. - the reason why I don't have the time to go on forums. Not to mention the four Grandchildren we have regularly.
By the way, I miss the Olympus, the shutter action really was sublime, something that's missing from the digital slr. I know you can mimic the shutter sound but the feel of the action isn't there.

Hahahahahahahahaha. I should have said Modmoderator. The SX150 is one of my favourite models, the ultimate favourite being the GP200 of which we have two, one a 1971 Electronic. I rarely have time to ride them though as I'm always too busy doing engines, I'm also building a Lambretta streamliner, it's on YouTube although I don't know how to post the link on here being a bit dense where the tinternet is concerned. Look up Bob Monkhouse, Lambretta streamliner on YouTube. You'll be needing really fast shutter speeds to get a decent photo when it's up and running.

Now I've managed to work out how to do that the world is my hamster.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
I had loads of chrome and 17 mirrors, one night I was stopped by the police and told to take the glass out of 15 of them as it was blinding the cars behind me, so I removed the glass and painted Union Jacks inside them.
In the one year I had it I changed the colour many times using my moms vacuum cleaner spray gun attachment.

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum Bob, remember your namesake well but never had one of those little things. Recovered quite a lot of them though.

Welcome to the forum Bob, remember your namesake well but never had one of those little things. Recovered quite a lot of them though.
Hahahahahahahahaha, I know exactly what you mean.

I had loads of chrome and 17 mirrors, one night I was stopped by the police and told to take the glass out of 15 of them as it was blinding the cars behind me, so I removed the glass and painted Union Jacks inside them.
In the one year I had it I changed the colour many times using my moms vacuum cleaner spray gun attachment.
Vacuum cleaner spray gun, now that's a long time ago, I haven't heard one of those mentioned in many years.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Hi and welcome to the forum.

My brother had an SX150.
I was into bikes. Took him into the depths of 1000s of scooter boys in Weston scooter rally once on the back of my bike. Only one for miles in a leather jacket!

Hahahahahahahahaha. I know the feeling, several of us in the Huddersfield scooter club were invited by 'Father' Hammond President of the Motorcycle Action Group and also the West Riding Hells Angels to a massive MAG rally, this was in the early eighties when relations between bikers and scooterboys was strained to say the least. When we arrived at the assembly point bikers were horrified to see a group of scooters and word quickly went round that we weren't going to get out alive. Word then followed this that any biker so much as looking the wrong way at a scooterboy would then get filled in by the Angels. The rally set off with a somewhat surreal situation of around twenty scooterboys on their scooters surrounded by a large number of Hells Angels and then meekly followed by several thousand bikers. We all managed to survive the day. I still see Father Hammond occasionally and we have a good laugh about the bad old days.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Lol. I am too young for proper mods and rockers type agro. My biking was 80s 90s (and recently) and my recollection was more of distain of strokers. Well me anyway. That included bikes. The yamaha ypvs was all the rage then. Prefer 4 stroke.

Oh no, some people have no taste. I've been in love with two strokes all my life but anything two wheels does for me. Except single cylinder f**r strokes, nasty things. I bought an RD400 in 1978 and everyone in the scooter club refused to talk to me, probably jealous because my wife's scooter was better than theirs anyway. Bikers used to get confused seeing the RD two up with both of us wearing parkas. I've had a number of big bikes, most recently a Firestorm and a VFR800, I decided to part with them before I parted with either my licence or my life as I could never resist giving them some stick.

There's some smileys in there somewhere but you'll just have to imagine where they are as they don't appear to come up.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Well as a scooter riding Mod in the 60's me and my mates had a few close shaves in the Mod v Rocker days, I remember there was about 14 of us riding through Rhyl in North Wales one night and the road was littered with rubbish bins all on fire, we had to weave in and out of them while the Greasers (our name for Rockers) threw bear bottles at us like it was a duck shoot, when we crossed the bridge at the west end of town the police were all parked up in their Panda cars waiting to invade the town.

The trouble never really stopped until maybe the late nineties, I could never understand what the problem was, particularly as I have always loved bikes, I had a fellow scooterboy killed in 1980 by two morons on a bike, hitting him with a length of wood as he went into a roundabout trying to get away from them, they got five years for manslaughter . I had a friend of mine kicked off alongside me at 70mph the same year, seeing him cartwheeling down the top of a drystone wall is something I can never forget, there was a lad killed in Rhyl I think in the mid eighties and another in the late eighties in Southend who died from a ruptured spleen. Both from being kicked off. Fortunately this kind of thing doesn't happen any more thankfully, I'm 63 next and it's bad enough car drivers trying to kill me every time I go out on the scooter because they have no idea about how vulnerable people on two wheels are without idiots deliberately trying to knock me off.