1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Best 10 stoppers

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by Mark 1, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Mark 1

Mark 1 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lee Big Stopper rated poorly there!!

Mark 1 likes this.
  3. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes that was the big surprise for me I always understood by the amount of recommendation that it was a class leader, Nice to see SRB for the price performing reasonably well especially as some are 3x the price

DonS likes this.
  4. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Interesting how some of the higher priced ones come out badly, perhaps a manufacturers name can be a big influence to some consumers to buy their product

Mark 1 likes this.
  5. steve b

steve b Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I bought the SRB a while ago, just in case I ever needed one, as I don't do landies it's unlikely :) It had very good ratings from AP I believe. Strange thing ratings, Practical Photography have just started mentioning Youngnu (sp) stuff, they give the flashes best buy, despite them being a quarter of the top brand price, sometimes I suspect brown envelopes, allegedly, LOL. They've never mentioned their stuff before.

Mark 1 likes this.
  6. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @steve b As you may know im colour blind to a certain degree and I use the SRB quite a bit after using Hoya pro and I dont see any difference whatsoever, In Fact since I have had my 17-40 and 24-104 I only have SRB filters (several diff ones) and very pleased considering the price they match other top names at over twice there price.

As for Yongnuo Flash guns they are absolute fantastic value again i've used several models and not had any issues Im currently using there direct copy of the top range Canon EX600 and it just as good, I know @tenchy and several others on here swear by them as well.

7. steve b

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Mark 1 I know how good Yongnuo are Mark, as I've never heard a bad word said about them. I've got strobe and shutter triggers that I've had for years, they've never let me down. It's taken mags a long time to come on board was my poorly put point.

Mark 1 likes this.
  8. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    yes I love mine for the bang to buck they are amazing. I think they are creeping up in price though they are adding more features like built in receivers etc.
    I could have bought three 565s that I have one of for the price of the single Canon 580 I have. Only thing the 565s can't do that the 580 can is HSS. There is the 568 (was-probably new models now) that do everything the 580 does, for a little more than the 565s.

Mark 1 likes this.
  9. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cant remember exact model of mine...bugger hang on I will look YN 600 EX-RT all singing all dancing commander mode etc cost apr £80 as apposed to canon at apr £400 at the time

tenchy likes this.
  10. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice to see I've got two of the worst (Lee and BW)! I've always found my BW to be pretty neutral but what do I know, I can't tell blue and purple apart....

Mark 1 likes this.
  11. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very interesting article. May influence my next filter purchase.

12. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I struggle with colours especialy the more Sutle ones

13. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Future never mentions them in their magazines because they do not get freebies from them. Nothing free no review.

steve b and Mark 1 like this.
  14. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Im sticking with them They suit me fine both price and IQ But having said that I did splash out on an expensive UV for lens protection on my new 100-400mm mk11

15. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I was referring to the Yongnuo flashes, I should have edited.

Mark 1 likes this.
  16. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    LOL yes 1 vote here for them as well

17. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've got a B&W ten stopper. Yes, it has a colour cast but I quite like it as it adds a nice warm tone to the photo.

I might get one of the 82mm SRB ones since I'm a numpty and didn't check the thread size on my Sigma 24-105 before I bought it....:rolleyes:

18. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I use Lee too. I found out a month ago whilst doing a firms medical that I am colour blind to some degree. Took nearly 62 years to be told that.:)

Mark 1 likes this.
  19. Mark 1

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    So am I, There is lots of way to define being colour blind and many people who suffer it are have different levels of how bad the colour blindness is. Its like on a variable scale some very poor can only see black and white some cant see specific colours some mild, There is many different levels

20. ed taylor

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I can see colours. But obviously to a different degree to " the norm". I am surprised it took this long for it to be pointed out.
    I think it is more if the pastel shades that I find difficult to tell a part.

Mark 1 likes this.
  21. steve b

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm so bloody angry with mpb that I'm only seeing red at this moment in time!

Mark 1 likes this.
  22. ed taylor

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes. I would be the same.

steve b likes this.
  23. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Now I have to dg mine out to see where it falls... scared...

Mark 1 likes this.
  24. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Always been a fan of the Haida pro 2 filters . Not seen the nano one before but good to see it in the top and prices of them are very good

Mark 1 likes this.
  25. David Boam

David Boam New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've been using Zomei nd1000 and nd64 square filters and I'm pretty pleased with them. They perform pretty well in terms of colour cast , are made of good quality glass and are less than 1/2 the price of the market "leaders". Has anyone used these or tested them against Lee or Hitech?

Mark 1 likes this.