• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Big Garden Bird Watch

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Did mine today (sunday).

Jay 1
Nuthatch 4
Blackbird 2
Blue tit 4
Chaffinch 4
Coal tit 2
Dunnock 2
Goldfinch 2
Great tit 3
Long Tailed tit 3
Magpie 1
Robin 1
Woodpigeon 4 :chain-gun:

Also 3 Squirrels

Paul

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
That's a cracking total Paul. Sparrows by the dozen , pigeons, collar dove, a couple of blackies , occasional gold finch is about our daily total.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
It's probably because my garden resembles a bird Seed production line ... lol

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
1 weasel
2 cats
2 nuthatch
4 Crows
2 Squirrels
6 Great Tits
2 Blue tits
11 Goldfinch
4 House Sparrows
4 Dunnock
2 Mice
5 Long Tailed Tits
3 Magpie
2 Blackbirds
1 Robin
2 random children looking for their ball.
6,948,301 and a half slugs.

I back onto farm land and the weasel hunts around the hay barn for mice etc. One day I will get some shots of the little git.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Yep, they always come as a flock. Sometimes more, often less. Often there is a mixed flock of small birds moving along the hedgerow and for a few minutes the feeders and floor below are covered. They tend to not stay long though due to cats and the occasional sprawk.

A friend often gets 30+ goldfinches on his feeders right in the town centre.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
A superb picture Paul. Gotta Love goldfinches. My visitors tend to spread out more, feeding mainly on the floor.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
They are very skittish though, if they get a sight of you they are off and don't return for some time, where other birds return almost immediately.

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Haven't had any Goldies for ages, don't know where they have gone kept changing their feed if it got wet, still none.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I’m the same with Greenfinches. Always got a few until last year and not seen one since.