1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Birch and an ice abstract

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by H1ghlander, Mar 13, 2018.

1. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Two completely opposing pictures.

Birch.

Birch.JPG

Ice

ice abstract.JPG

1monk and Mike Singh like this.
  2. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful shots. I really like the patterns made by the grass in the ice in the 2nd image. I also like the repetition in the 1st image but I kind of find the large rocks in the foreground a bit distracting, but there was probably no getting around them.

3. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The first one is really striking, like that a lot. Very nice punch and DOF. The second isn't quite floating my boat, it just needs something a little more for the eye to settle on in my opinion.

4. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Superb colours and tones in the first, along with great depth in the photograph. I do love the photo of the white horse galloping past the camera in the fog, pretending to be some ice and weed.

5. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice warm colours and texture in the first .. . sorry the second doesn't do anything for me.
    Paul

6. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks folks.
    To be honest, not that keen on the second one either now. Didn't turn out as anticipated.

7. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Both have come out very well. The 1st is my pic. What were you hoping for in the 2nd photo?
    Mike

8. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The ice to be more transparent rather than thawing, some trapped air cavities to add some interesting shapes and form would have been a bonus.

Mike Singh likes this.
  9. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    love the rusty tones in the first. the 2nd needs a little something extra. more darks and lights I think.