1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Birds this morning

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by Isac, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    #1 - Cormorant, stepping up to start the dry off process.
    0030-Cormorant.jpg
    #2 - Checking to see if the "clothes line" method is the best option for drip drying.
    0035-Cormorant.jpg
    #3 - Baby crow getting a taster to make it stop squawking. Mum was in the sun, baby was in the shade - amazing how different it makes the colours appear!
    0014-Feeding-Crow.jpg

2. Sundar Amartur

Sundar Amartur Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice action here mate. These birds are pretty hard to expose especially when you have harsh light.

3. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Sundar. Harsh light indeed. Sometimes we have to forfeit "perfect light", which is OK, because some things we want photos of don't always fall under the best of lighting conditions - which in my case is most of the time :)

4. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shots considering the light. Well done.

5. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for looking David. Never good with harsh light but the different lighting between the 2 birds was what caught my attention.

6. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great images Greg! Particularly like #2, though I wonder if a little midtone burning to darken the feathers on the body and right wing will bring more contrast (ie impact) to the shot

7. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for that Pete. I carried out you suggestion and I think it works a bit better. I decided on a few other subtle adjustments when I revisited the image - as is the case on many occasions :)
    0035-Cormorant.jpg

Pete Larkin likes this.
  8. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That's working better. Nice!

9. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No worries Pete - thanks for the tip :)