1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  1. ramblerScotland

ramblerScotland Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi

I have photoshop cc5 and I was wondering
    I know how to make it in black and white but I would like to be able add colour but keeping the rest in black and white.

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    OK, I don't use Photoshop as such, but with any editor, you first need to select the portion of the shot that you want to show in colour, and then invert your selection and transform the remainder to Mono.

3. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Add a Black and White Adjustment Layer then add a layer mask to that and paint out (black) the color you want to preserve.

4. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If you download The free NIK filters suite, there is a superb B+W editor in that called SilverEfex pro2 which will add a layer then when happy with the B+W , do as Mike said and paint out the part you want coloured from that layer

5. Scoob100

Scoob100 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    One of the Nik applications has a selective colour filter to achieve this. Can't remember if it's a selective colour in Silver Efex or a selective mono in Colour Efex. Used it once and it worked well.

6. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    all of the above. search for selective colour and you'll fond many differing tutorials