1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Blanchard Springs

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Evertking, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Evertking

Evertking Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a spot close to my home. Blanchard Springs, Arkansas IMG_20180529_002449_427.jpg

Mike Singh and Hatter like this.
  2. DBetHig

DBetHig Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    How long was the exposure on this?
    What filters did you use.

When I try and get that really milky look my filters ruin the image (cheap filters) on anything long enough to achieve it.

Evertking likes this.
  3. Evertking

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I didn't have a filter with me on this day. The day was overcast and this spring was in DEEP shade. I set to my lowest iso and set my apreture to, I think, f 18.

4. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You've done well without filters. Rocks are crisp - water is a bit too far gone for my personal taste, but I accept that may be different to yours!

Evertking likes this.
  5. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful image. I feel like the image has a lean to it but I know that is probably not the case. Like Pete I would have preferred a shorter exposure to bring out more detail in the water but this look very nice as well.

6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The image is definitely leaning to the left, but other than that well captured. Of course the water is way too smoothed out for my taste but the rocks are sharp.

cbarnard7 likes this.
  7. cbarnard7

cbarnard7 Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shot. I feel exactly how Roger does.

8. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful place to take a photo (and I don't believe you are new to photography!). Agree with most about a shorter exposure.

Evertking likes this.
  9. David Payne

David Payne Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Me too on the exposure, but a unbeautiful spot well captured.

10. Evertking

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's going on about 2 years now. I practice almost everyday and it seems like I'm just putting a dent in it and there is always something new to learn lol..
    I almost didn't even post here, a LOT of tremendous talent here, very intimidating. But I figured I could learn from it.
    Photoshop.. now I don't even want to think about that lol... I willing to bet that is a never ending learning process.

11. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think you have a great eye for the "different" and portray it extremely well in your photos. Photoshop is definitely a never ending leaning curve that's for sure!

12. beersurgeon

beersurgeon Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Almost looks like a river of milk! Very cool shot!

I feel the exact same way! I don't get to shoot that often with buying my first camera in September and have a lot to learn on taking a good shot. And then there's photoshop......