1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Bride & Groom

Discussion in 'Wedding Images Forum' started by oldgeezer, Dec 2, 2018.

1. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Unfortunately, This was as close as I could get without stepping on the Official Tog's toes.

This was my Step-Daughter's wedding at some flash hotel. Most of the shots I could get, they were looking at the Tog so not a lot of eye contact during the day.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Waiting for that eye contact is never easy, especially if the paid tog is doing a proper job. It's just a guess, but I think in this case, they picked a good one. Both lovely, but the second shot is great, Pete. I bet it looks even better in full size.

oldgeezer likes this.
  3. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Honestly Roger, very disappointed with the quality.
    I should have taken a different lens but it was a last minute request to take the camera just for candids.

Roger S likes this.
  4. Isac

Isac Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've only taken wedding shots as an unofficial tog - once but I know how hard it was looking back. Trying to get the attention of the B&G without upsetting anyone. I feel your angst Pete, but I did manage a few rippers. Got plenty of the guests which was a good consolation prize I guess. These are great shots Pete, #2 for me.

5. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I could have been a bit pushy but I was really just a guest and they were paying good money so I was under no pressure.
    I must admit looking back, I wouldn't shoot another wedding for money. It's really for younger, fitter photographers and a bloody long day.
    It was done with military precision which spoilt it for lot of the people. Tended to take a lot of fun out of the day and the best man was a dick but the official togger was a nice girl and did let me in on a few moments as I was the step-dad.

Isac likes this.
  6. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    nice shots pete, the distance makes for some good negative space use. good work

oldgeezer likes this.
  7. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Steve.

Ramble Vision likes this.
  8. bernieraffe

bernieraffe Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    As a pro photographer and ex-wedding photographer, here’s my take on the images.

Composition is good and technically they’re fine, although the negative space is good there’s a little too much of it and you maybe could have got closer or zoomed in, or just crop in the images.

Eye contact is not a problem as the couple can be interacting which generally looks better and less formal anyway. For me there are two main problems:-

The first, which is not under your control, is the flat footed way they are standing.
    The second is the miserable look on both their faces, as if they’re not very happy. Here you could have waited until the right moment until they smiled at each, or at least looked a bit happier.

Wedding photography is a stressful, tiring job, best left to the younger togs I would say!

9. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

Appreciate the comments @bernieraffe . I shot these wide as they are for the title of a 16:9 slideshow I am putting together for them. I had this in mind when I shot them.
    I have plenty of the 'NORMAL' so called shots but I always like to put together a 16:9 version slide show as it looks better on a widescreen.
    And yes, it is best left to those younger photographers. I enjoyed it 20 years ago but then I had control over the situation, well sometimes. I know full well to keep out of the way from experience.

Example:

Just-another.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 3:50 AM
  10. bernieraffe

bernieraffe Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Yes, this is much better, lovely expressions.

11. wraggtime

wraggtime Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    They will love that last one Pete, really nice natural shot.

oldgeezer likes this.