• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Bucket List shots

DaleBuchanan

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Quite simply, what is the one shot that is top of your bucket list to be photographed?

My bucket list contains mostly locations for in and around the North and West Coast of Scotland but the one shot I really want to get is of this Waterfall near Loch Assynt. It looks incredible and I hope that when I finally get the chance I will do it justice.

IMAGE REMOVED by MOD (you need to own copyright to post)

Credit for the above: https://instagram.com/merlins_mind?igshid=7nwb9f5uywa5

So what is yours? No images required, just where. Even if you have already managed to grasp the opportunity!

Last edited by a moderator:

Onyx

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Being more into portraits than landscapes, my bucket list would have to be one of who rather than where. There are many people I would love to photograph, especially people with, shall we say, a little more experience of life.

The list would include people like David Attenborough, Judy Dench, Helen Mirren, Paul McCartney and Rod Stewart. As I’m never likely to meet these people, then I’m afraid my bucket list isn’t likely to get any shorter any time soon.

DaleBuchanan

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Being more into portraits than landscapes, my bucket list would have to be one of who rather than where. There are many people I would love to photograph, especially people with, shall we say, a little more experience of life.

The list would include people like David Attenborough, Judy Dench, Helen Mirren, Paul McCartney and Rod Stewart. As I’m never likely to meet these people, then I’m afraid my bucket list isn’t likely to get any shorter any time soon.
That is a great list and I think they would all be fascinating to hear from and work with whilst trying to create a portrait of them. David and Helen are both on my dinner party list haha.

If you could find a way of reaching out to them with any sort of project story then you just never know, one of them might be willing.

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I don't have a bucket list.

I think if that's not your photograph you shouldn't be posting it direct on the Forum, link only I'm sure albeit you've credited it.

Hawthorn

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Iceland is on my bucket list, particularly diamond beach. I just have to persuade someone to go with me, preferably someone who is up for driving.

Newbandit

Account Closed
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Don't have a bucket list, don't do landscapes. You could go to these places and stick your tripod in the same holes as the last tog. Chocolate box lids simply leave me cold.

I rather capture images of things with a pulse preferably people. I rather like abstract and the unusual these days. You simply can't have a bucket list for stuff like that.

I'm looking for images that are different, shocking, inspiring, story telling, history capturing, the ever illusive unique. Deffo not done that to any level of satisfaction yet and may never do, it and endless journey.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Chocolate box lids
I have heard someone else mention that. So I googled and looked at images. Not one image was any type of cliche shot or even a landscape. I don't get it.

Newbandit

Account Closed
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have heard someone else mention that. So I googled and looked at images. Not one image was any type of cliche shot or even a landscape. I don't get it.
it’s what I find most landscape shots to be. They are all the same. I often find them boring and unimaginative. But each to their own.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
it’s what I find most landscape shots to be. They are all the same. I often find them boring and unimaginative. But each to their own.
To be what is my question, I do not get the reference.

Newbandit

Account Closed
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
To be what is my question, I do not get the reference.
I guess I'm referencing my photography teacher from many years ago. Biscuit tin lid Photography, same sort of thing. I can't expect you to get the reference. He had quite a few subjects he considered "chocolate box lids" to him, and like wise me. What google says has no meaning to me.

Swans ( especially making hearts with their neck)
Sunsets
Waterfalls
Rainbows
Most views.

I'm not saying any of the above are wrong, they just don't appeal to me. There are always exceptions to the rule though. National Geographic usually produce amazing natural history stuff

Last edited:

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Chocolate box lids
That line snapped me back to well beyond 30 years ago in my Gran's kitchen (even brought back the smells, too); she'd got some old Quality Street, Bournville and a blue tin which I forget the brand of which she'd put mince pies in each Christmas. One had two folk on a horse drawn sleigh, another had the chocolate factory in Birmingham with Daffodils, and the other were just random post card shots of spots like in the Peak District, Cotswolds or New Forest with quaint little thatches or stone cottages, roses up the walls and that.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I guess I'm referencing my photography teacher from many years ago. Biscuit tin lid Photography, same sort of thing. I can't expect you to get the reference. He had quite a few subjects he considered "chocolate box lids" to him, and like wise me. What google says has no meaning to me.

Swans ( especially making hearts with their neck)
Sunsets
Waterfalls
Rainbows
Most views.

I'm not saying any of the above are wrong, they just don't appeal to me. There are always exceptions to the rule though. National Geographic usually produce amazing natural history stuff
I guess they do not do that anymore, as I said I searched for images and nothing like that came up.