1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Camera not shooting

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by Carl491, May 16, 2018.

1. Carl491

Carl491 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi My Nikon D70 has stopped shooting is saying that the memory card is full which it isn't as is 8GB with just a couple of shots on it. Any suggestions please?! Much appreciated! Carl

2. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    if its an SD card check the write protect tab is not have you tried formatting the card

3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Try a different card, for starters. If that works, try formatting the original card in the camera.

4. Carl491

Carl491 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi Paul thanks very much for getting back to me! I formatted it when I first got it and it worked fine until recently. I will try formatting again, thanks very much! :)

Hi Roger thanks very much for getting back to me! Will do thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  5. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I reformat (low level) every time I put the card back into my camera.

6. Carl491

Carl491 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks very much Dons very kind!

7. David_H

David_H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Carl491

I think you'll find that your D70 will recognise at best 1gb of your CF card - the remaining 7gb it will ignore unless you are using the Lexar 40x WA USB or a microdrive whatever they may be!!! The picture below shows the capacity of the Nikon approved memory cards and comes from the D70 users manual. HTH
    D70 memory.jpg

8. Carl491

Carl491 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi David Thanks very much, great help! :)