• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Cameras

i.candide

Here a lot
Premium Member
Good Morning!

Last month I attempted a 'still life' of my favorite cameras, trying to work out a setup what will eliminate all shadow, while keeping within a budget that does not allow a glass table top.

(Does 'still life' require organic items in the composition? I understand that it usually does, but usually is not necessary...or is it?)

Collection 2a (1024).jpg

My next attempt will include hiding the tripods in some way and eliminating the shadows without resorting to editing.

Comments appreciated.

Enjoy the day,
i.candide

Attachments

oldgeezer

Always on
Premium Member
I don't like photos without shadows personally. They tend to look like catalogue shots without.

I don't think organic is necessary.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Still life is an arrangement of inanimate objects. Classic renaissance still life included organic subjects. Modern still life can include anything.

Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i.candide

Here a lot
Premium Member
@oldgeezer - The work without shadows is just to see if I can do it with my limited resources, and without 'photoshopping' it.

@balami - Thank you.

@Mike Singh - Thank you.

Forgot to say that his was shot with an 8 mp Canon A630, available light, with a 160 LED cine flood on the backdrop.