• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Camper Van

Activ8

I made the 1,000,000 th post
Now that I am sort of semi retired and getting back into photography for fun... I have decided to buy a Camper Van. I thought about getting a motorhome but wanted something that can act as the 2nd car as-well as the weekend touring vehicle. I hope to be able to get to some great locations in order to photograph... but this has to be the most expensive photography accessory I have bought! LOL

Snips

Always on
Enjoy!

We bought a car last year, an estate that I’ve slept in for 3 nights so far and will do again in a couple of weeks, but my photography gear is worth more than double that the car’s worth :)

Activ8

Enjoy!

We bought a car last year, an estate that I’ve slept in for 3 nights so far and will do again in a couple of weeks, but my photography gear is worth more than double that the car’s worth :)
I could have bought 8 new Fuji GFX 100's for the cost of the van... can't believe how much these things cost!

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
I just bought a Motorhome last week, my first. So far it's been the most expensive picnic table ever.:D:D

Heading off for a couple of days this weekend tho on her maiden (for us) voyage.

Activ8

I just bought a Motorhome last week, my first. So far it's been the most expensive picnic table ever.:D:D

Heading off for a couple of days this weekend tho on her maiden (for us) voyage.
I was very close to buying a motorhome but wanted something under 2M tall so it could go in a normal carpark! Enjoy your first trip! It's all the other bits you need that makes it expensive! :)

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
I was very close to buying a motorhome but wanted something under 2M tall so it could go in a normal carpark! Enjoy your first trip! It's all the other bits you need that makes it expensive! :)
Cheers:)

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
What make/model have you bought.

Paul

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
cool stuff, Im thinking of going down the DIY route for one, i.e buy a van and add to it as and when I can afford to, the first iteration will be a mattress and a camping stove in the back :)

someone at work just converted s mercedes van into a camper. they seem good.

Activ8

cool stuff, Im thinking of going down the DIY route for one, i.e buy a van and add to it as and when I can afford to, the first iteration will be a mattress and a camping stove in the back :)

someone at work just converted s mercedes van into a camper. they seem good.
If I had the spare time I would have loved to have DIY'd a VW or Transit... but the wife has a different idea of luxury and so I had to buy one!

Onyx

We have a camper van ... it's a Mazda Bongo ... a very cool vehicle for pic-nics etc, but not actually managed to sleep in it yet. I fear it might be a bit too compact for two old codgers and a dog. Good luck with the new vehicle.

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
If I had the spare time I would have loved to have DIY'd a VW or Transit... but the wife has a different idea of luxury and so I had to buy one!
We’ve been toying with getting one for a while, especially since we got the dog. The wife and I have looked at a few and it’s amazing the difference in the ‘wants lists’.

Me: four wheels, an engine, a mattress and something to warm curry/make coffee.

Wife: proper bed and bedding, cupboards to store half a ton of crockery and other junk, wardrobe for three months worth of clothes, washing facilities above and beyond a flannel and a bottle of water, heating and drying stuff. Sink.

:rolleyes:

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
My son is on his 3rd camper van self build, first two were VW and latest is Vauxhall, can be seen in the video below, mind you it has changed quite a bit since this.

Paul

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day all

Ah - what a beaut collection of experiences and desires ... made my day :)

Back in the 80s & 90s, we went thru 2x Toyota HiAce vans with a DIY internal fitout and they went 'everywhere man' as the song goes ~ after some 350,000km around Oz SWMBO demanded an internal toilet - best thing we ever did - so a new motorhome was acquired, now 16 yrs ago

The MH is on a Ford Transit LWB chassis, now has nearly 500,000km on the clock and it's used for all of long & short journeys, and overnighters for sunrise / sunset / odd stuff etc.

Phil

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
When I was about 12 or 13, the family decided they were going to convert a bus in to a camper. Neither myself or my uncle wanted anything to do with it (perhaps the only two who'd actually do any oily work on it as well), but as it was a family "dream", it was going to happen.

Off the family scuttled, big plans were made (that would need at least a year, not a weekend which they'd probably want), they all got very excited, bought lots of materials and bought this old service bus.

In a flurry of activity, they started stripping it out, building stuff and inviting friends to coo over the project, but a couple of months in something big knocked the wind right out their sails when it came to moving it to another spot as we needed the space in the shed for a repair job... Not one of them knew how to start it or actually drive the thing.

Activ8

We’ve been toying with getting one for a while, especially since we got the dog. The wife and I have looked at a few and it’s amazing the difference in the ‘wants lists’.

Me: four wheels, an engine, a mattress and something to warm curry/make coffee.

Wife: proper bed and bedding, cupboards to store half a ton of crockery and other junk, wardrobe for three months worth of clothes, washing facilities above and beyond a flannel and a bottle of water, heating and drying stuff. Sink.

:rolleyes:
This is exactly me too!... I could make do with a hammock in the back of a transit van but the wife wants comfort! :rolleyes: