1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Candle-light

Discussion in 'All Other Images Forum' started by Pteranadon, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thought I would give this a shot..not quite the focus I wanted; however attempting it again...
    ......bleh.

_MG_2026.jpg

1/80 sec I so 400
    I believe f 8.
    On laowa 15mm ...manual focus so f# will not show; at least on this lens.
    Any comments welcome...it looks a lot darker mobile to me.
    I wanted a darker look.

2. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What sort of focus were you looking for? If dark was the goal as you say then mission accomplished.
    I quite like the blue patterned bowl fading into darkness but and this is just me, I would try and bring out the detail in the middle of the bowl a little bit more.
    By raising the shadows it shows off the blue patterning well and keeps the dark theme.
    Bit like this.
    _MG_2026v2.jpg

3. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I was looking girl more focus on the blue base of it.
    Honestly this is a first for me using a dark room with a light source..as little as it was.
    I like what you did.
    Sometimes I cannot decide what looks better. I had looked at it with the shadows raised alike your edit.
    Appreciate you taking the time..and with more practice I could up my game with such practices.

RyanB likes this.
  4. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don't mind at all and quite enjoy playing about with photoshop.:)
    I noticed when I raised the shadows that wood grain was visible from the table, I burned this to keep with your darker theme. The grains seemed to be running in a complimentary angle for the shot, I might have been tempted to keep them in another version as an anchor to keep the candle from looking like its floating in the darkness.

Pteranadon likes this.