• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Canon Prima Twin S

jwestwood

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello all,

A few days ago I found an old Canon Prima Twin S in our attic.
If put a battery and some old film roll in it, but it doesn't seem to be working perfectly.

If I enable the self-timer, and I click the shutter-button, it will take a photo after some time.
However, when I try to take a picture without the self-timer, the camera doesn't seem to react on my click of the shutter-button.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'm new to the whole analog-photography thing, or is it just broken (and if so, will I be able to repair it?)?

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Best, John

BrianS

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No

I did a quick search- found the manual available from the site above.

Your camera is a bit unusual in that it has a separate release for the self-timer operation. Most cameras use the main shutter release.

The main release is most likely an electrical switch with a rubberized covering. My "best guess" without having the camera in front of me: sitting in the attic has affected the switch. It could possibly "spark" to life with a good cleaning.

Some of these cameras are not hard to work on: a few screws and carefully separating at the tabs is usually what is required. Closest I came to this camera was the Nikon version with the two-focal length selector. I got lucky on that one- almost 30 years ago.

Last edited:

MikeB

Traveler
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
As @BrianS says, it probably just needs a good cleaning. That refers to a cleaning of the inside of the camera, mostly to replace old lubricant that has hardened.

jwestwood

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great, that helps a lot. Thank you, both! :)