• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Capture One output too warm

sapstar

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Any one experienced this issue with Capture One 20. I see that the output Jpeg is warmer than how it looks in Capture One. Attached is an example.
How can this be fixed?
The photo on the left is Jpeg and the one on right is the processed raw file in capture one.

CaptureOne.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

picsel

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
To me the one on the right looks more correct.

sapstar

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
To me the one on the right looks more correct.
That's correct. That's how it looks in capture one. But when exported, it gets saturated.

sapstar

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I was able to resolve my issue. I am opening the JPEG files in Faststone viewer. There is an option in the settings to use monitor default colour management. Once I checked this box, the output looks fine. There still seems to be some difference when opened in browser.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I was going to say it sounded like a color management issue. I use X-Rite to profile my monitor at least once a month. That profile is then set to the default. The other thing I'd mention is when comparing two images it's better to have them both at the same resolution. Finally there's going to be a shift take place when you convert the raw to a JPEG, especially in tonal range, luminosity and saturation. To minimize that when I'm done editing, I create a virtual copy, then soft proof it to either sRGB or the International Standard profile, when the image is destined for web display. If the image is going to print the lab I use supplies the profiles for each of thier products, I use those to soft proof the file. I'm using LR and PS but I'm pretty sure Capture 1 does this as well.

SFTphotography

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I was able to resolve my issue. I am opening the JPEG files in Faststone viewer. There is an option in the settings to use monitor default colour management. Once I checked this box, the output looks fine. There still seems to be some difference when opened in browser.
Most browsers are not colour managed and use sRGB colour space. Chances are your monitor will be set to an adobe colour space so it will appear differently.