1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Cheap Nikon D3000 series accessory flash

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by Mike Hirst, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looking for a cheap flash gun for the Nikon D3000 series that works with non AF-S Nikon AF lenses ? ............. The diminutive Nikon EM Speedlight SB-E Flash when set to FM/FE mode on the selector gives a usable light source when the D3000 series pop up flash fails to recognise the non AF-S lens and also registers the flash ready in the view finder. The guide number is 17 @ 100, at 400asa it gives f5.6 at 20ft Plus its small enough to fit in a shirt pocket :grin:

2. Lumixman

Lumixman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don't know much about Nikon cameras but I considered getting the very compact Nissin i40 for my micro four thirds camera. There is a Nikon version available, as well as the Air commander which allows remote triggering. In the end, I got the i60 as it supports higher sync speed, but it is bigger and heavier.