• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Clapping for the NHS

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
…. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::wave::wave::wave::clapping::clapping::clapping:

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We were quite pleased to see most of our street out doing this tonight.:)Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 033

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Ours too....I had to be persuaded by my wife to join in.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Only 5 houses in our cul-de-sac but all out clapping.

Grumpy John

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I had to google this to find out what is going on. Nothing like this has happened downunder, what a brilliant idea. ALL emergency workers everywhere deserve a round of applause.

Ogofmole

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
We live in a small remote village, and it was nice to hear so much clapping through the darkness.

Stemmy

Always on
Super Admin
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Clapping and fireworks here. Was quite emotional.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes we heard fireworks also ....

Keitht

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I agreed with, and supported, it on the first occasion. Now some people want it to be done every Thursday evening. To me that will lose a lot of its impact as the spontaneity will be lost. All those who continue to work to keep the country going, from NHS to delivery drivers, shop workers, posties etc etc are deserving of our appreciation and gratitude, I'm just not convinced this is the way to show it.

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I agreed with, and supported, it on the first occasion. Now some people want it to be done every Thursday evening. To me that will lose a lot of its impact as the spontaneity will be lost. All those who continue to work to keep the country going, from NHS to delivery drivers, shop workers, posties etc etc are deserving of our appreciation and gratitude, I'm just not convinced this is the way to show it.
I dont mind the few minutes it takes out of my staying at home schedule I think it shows we are still thinking of those still working which includes my brothers and sisters and their families who work in nursing, fire brigade, teaching, retail and distribution all working to keep me and others like me at home and hopefully safe.......it only takes a couple of minutes of my time makes me feel a bit better to say thanks and keep up the good work.

If the clapping is not for you stick something in a street facing window or a sign in the garden.

We are living in exeptional times.

I to thought the clapping a bit to much on a regular basis but standing at my front door and hearing clapping from all the surrounding streets helps me to realise that although we are in a lockdown at home and isolated we are still all connected.

Last edited:

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Clapping and banging pots and pans in our street tonight.

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Clapping and banging pots and pans in our street tonight.
next door neighbor pan banged the rest of us value our cooking utensils and clapped with freshly washed hands :)

Petrochemist

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I've never seen so many people in our lane, every household was out, clapping/pan banging & someone letting off fireworks. I think the fire works were from the house right next door to a care home AFAIK the nearest we have to NHS workers since Denise moved out from next door.

Andy 0

Always on
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I'm with Keitht on this one.

It's no sleight at all against the people who are doing it and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing at all, but I am one of very few Brits who questions the concept of the NHS.

Thing is, questioning the validity of a state run health care system often meets the response that I "hate nurses" etc, which is categorically untrue, I know the NHS is staffed by dedicated and skilled people top to bottom so please don't misinterpret my questioning. I just question whether the system is ultimately a positive or negative thing.

Hello all by the way, hope you're well and safe :)