1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Complete version of PS coming to iPads next year

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Oct 15, 2018.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Think you might need one of the latest iPad pros to run it. Wonder if they will include it as part of one’s existing creative cloud package. More likely would add to the cost of it.

3. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I certainly hope it is part of the current subs or people really will go bonkers.

I have the 9.7" iPad Pro currently but if this turns out to be any good I will get the big one so I can edit away from the desk etc. I wonder how plugins will work? I use Topaz Denoise often but doubt it will come to the iPad.

4. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This must be a programmers' nightmare.

Having used iPads since launch in hostile industrial environments for damn near a decade I do not doubt the number-crunching prowess of the iPad and I personally rate the iPad (when aftermarket rugardisation has been applied) as the best solution for bespoke field hardware used in horrendous environments.

But my love for Cupertino's hardware when it comes to tablets makes me aware of its limits. My concern would be no iPad has the cohones to co-process images and not strong enough parallelization to really get up to the balls when it comes to serious image editing, something a modest Macintosh or PC would just 'jump over'.

That said, I'm just am Internet clock-socket and I'm willing to be proved wrong on this as the concept looks cool as f**k.