1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Continuous shooting failed

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by Macro Girl, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:07 PM.

1. Macro Girl

Macro Girl Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Can anyone help please? I have a Canon 5d mark if and the continuous shooting has ceased to work, ev3n though I select it, it still only fires once. I have also noticed that it is slow saving to the SD card, and I have not changed the type of cards I use. Would that slow card reading affect continuous shooting or Have I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, help would be so appreciated.

2. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Quickest way to try and fix it is to do a reset of the camera, (it’ll be in the menus somewhere), and also shut down and remove batteries and cards for a while. If you have any custom settings etc you will likely lose them though.

MikeB likes this.
  3. Macro Girl

Macro Girl Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Would that reset the image counter do you think?

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No, it won't. A camera reset only returns all original settings in the menu to their factory defaults.

MikeB likes this.
  5. Macro Girl

Macro Girl Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Brilliant, I will give it a try, had a sneaky feeling I was going to have to do this. Thanks very much.

6. Macro Girl

Macro Girl Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Brilliant, it worked. Many thanks everyone, took the advice of leaving battery and card out overnight as well, so poor hardworking little camera has had a good nights sleep ! Thanks again.

ed taylor, DonS and Roger S like this.