1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Creating a 'Premium' account

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Comments Forum' started by Ozzie_Traveller, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Mods

I have again tried to login and pay you the huge amount of 10GBP as part of my contribution and 'thanks' for this beaut forum .... and again I am rebuffed

I am on the Upgrade Account screen - I enter all my VISA details and yet again I am directed to create a PayPal account in order to pay via VISA. Fellas > this does not expose well !!!

In my earlier post I have outlined my previous very poor experiences dealing with PayPal where they illegally locked by business account and which took 11 months to clear, and I will NEVER deal with them again as an account holder ... so how about helping me here with a VISA payment via the VISA secure-payments site that I am linked to and that I use regularly

Phil from the great land Downunder

2. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes, I had the same problem when I joined. I did not have paypal and had no use for paypal and did not trust paypal. @Stemmy was able to process a Visa on the back end, but it was a manual process via email.

3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day, @Ozzie_Traveller I've just sent you an e-mail with the solution to the problem.

4. Robbie S

Robbie S Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    @Roger S, I would love to have the same solution if at all possible.

5. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Mods

I've gone into the Forum Shop & tried my best without success

a) is will not allow a country other than UK
    b) it will not accept a P.O. Box as primary address [I live in a P.O. box coz it saves on the rent] :)
    c) it will not accept a 4-digit postcode [that's all we use in Oz]

Back to the drawing board
    Phil from the great land Downunder

6. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    OK, our forum owner, @Stemmy has indicated that a personal e-mail to him with your banking details for your debit account can be done at his end. Apparently he tried doing it through the "Forum shop" but this has proven futile so far, as indicated by Phil above.

I know it has been done before by other members so we are working on a solution, still. All I can suggest at this point is to use the "contact us" button at the bottom of every page, which will send a message to Stemmy. Admins have access to your personal e-mail address which you indicated in your account sign-ups. If there is an alternate e-mail addy then please indicate that in the message you send from the "contact us" message.

Personally, Phil, I have sent and received $ from Stemmy and other members through e-mail transfers without using PayPal and I am in Canada. Again, we realise that the option through the Forum shop is not working internationally at this point even though it's worked for me in the past.

Robbie S likes this.
  7. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day all

it's all okay fellas ...... we'll get there in the end :)

Phil

ed taylor, Mike Singh and Robbie S like this.
  8. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I will do this next year as the wife is going to Japan again with the neighbour across the again.
    As that lady had her sister there for a few years so she knows quite a lot about it and she was sort of like my wife own tour guide.
    When she comes home she will be here for a week then head up north to help her friend since they were just out of nappies.
    As her husband does Santa and apparently he does it so well.
    The have people fly from interstate to get photos with him.
    My wife has told me he is magic with kids and I meany in the good way not the pedo way.
    So she will be up there until a week before Christmas.
    I want to say what Ozzie Traveler has said about this place also.
    So in 2019 I will be doing this to.

tenchy likes this.
  9. Ozzie_Traveller

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day all

Well I'm happy to report that "the system" has debited my account by the huge amount of $18 aussie dollars and all that stuff .... Thanks Stemmy

Arthur - my public email is in my profile - would you care to contact me off-line for a bit of a chat :)
    Phil

Arthur.36 likes this.
  10. Robbie S

Robbie S Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Congratulations @Ozzie_Traveller on Premium Membership. How did it happen?
    Paypal continues to block any manual payment from here without a full Paypal account.