1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Creating one photo from two photos.

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by TEX1130, Feb 20, 2019.

1. TEX1130

TEX1130 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I am working on a project where I am trying to create a collectable card game, and I am trying to build my cards from a photo and a digital collectable card. I want to put the photo where the image is on the card to where it looks normal, but I am having problems doing this. Is there any advice anyone can give me? I tried to upload the pictures that I am talking about, but they are too big. Was able to make the image smaller to upload. Hopefully you can get an idea of what I am trying to do.

minicard.png

miniKing.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I assume you have some photo editing experience already, or you wouldn't be attempting such a venture. So, the photos you try to upload here must be no longer than 1024 pixels on the longest side, and under 250 Kb. Also, be sure you are not using someone else's images when you upload (due to copyright concerns) or that if it's someone else's you have permission or links to their own work.

3. TEX1130

TEX1130 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The photos I am trying to use are from places where it is ok to edit. I am taking a photoshop class in college to where I have gotten some very basic experience from, but I don't think enough to complete this project. Before you ask no this project is not for my photoshop class. I will see if I can resize the pics so I can upload them.

4. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    OK, next step with uploading images is to tick the button which says "full image" beside each one so that they are not just thumbnails. I've done that for you this time.

I assume the first is the one you want to use, and the second is the one you want to insert into the card. What you want to do is cut out the picture portion of your original so that there's a blank space within the cutout. Place the image you want in the cutout behind the original and resize it until it fits properly, then flatten your layers. At the same time, you can save the unflattened .psd file for further manipulation.

5. TEX1130

TEX1130 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is what I have tried to do so far. The problem that I am having is fitting it around the curv
    I remember seeing some where that you can increase the canvas and fill in the missing spots with the rest of the photo kind of like cloning the picture to fill in the missing portions (if you know what I mean).

6. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If I'm understanding your problem correctly there are loads of videos on using masks in Photoshop. Basically you load both photographs into one file as different layers, then create a mask with the top layer and then paint out what you don't want. Here's a video but there are plenty more:

7. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a very roughly done sample using the extremely small examples you put up. I hope you have access to larger files of the images you are trying to work with because these will only make icons at the quality you have here.

minicard.jpg

Edit: I didn't spend very much time on this since there's not much to work with.

8. edbayani

edbayani Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Another way would be to select half of the card with frame and place it in another layer so you can extend the height of the frame so your image of the king won't be cropped. miniKing.jpg

9. oneoone

oneoone Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If you are doing this multiple times just use a pen tool and sure the path option. Save the file and you have a template! super fast and easy