1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Cropping Question

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by Stemmy, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Stemmy

Stemmy Always on Super Admin

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Is there a way to create a custom crop in photoshop that can be saved and then loaded back for a future image ?

When I say a custom crop I do not mean straight edges, random edges.

2. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It sure what you mean. You can set crop presets, but I get the feeling you are after something different. Maybe you mean a shaped mask that you can apply to lots of images?

3. Stemmy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Say for example I want to crop the shape of the outline of a house. Can I save that house outline as a crop preset and then load it and use it on another image ?

4. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes, you and create an action to do that. Start recording an action, create you’re crop then stop recording and save the action. You can then run it on any image.

5. Stemmy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    So your saying I can open the hose image - create a selection whilst recording an action, complete the selection then save the action.

Open another image and run that action and it will load that earlier created selection ?

6. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    should do. you have to watch layers with actions. I have recorded some on edits that have a non flat layer stack and they don't like it with a different layer stack sometimes.

7. Stemmy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I basically want to create a punch that I can use on any image i want.

8. Blofeld

Blofeld Forum Photobomber Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You could do this with an action, but if it's just a singular colour punch, I would probably make a custom brush?

9. Blofeld

Blofeld Forum Photobomber Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ignore above, you're after a crop....

Stemmy likes this.
  10. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Create a custom vector shape then you can make it whatever size you want without pixelation.
    You can also use it as a vector mask so you don't have to delete the surrounding pixels.

MikeB likes this.
  11. BriPriUK

BriPriUK Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The easy way is to use 'Select>Save Selection', then 'Select>Load Selection' on subsequent images. You can save different selections with different names.

HTH

Brian