1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Danger Rocks

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Bobman, May 6, 2019.

1. Bobman

Bobman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Shot taken in harsh light while visiting this lovely area of Wales with family. Only way to salvage from the bin was a B+W conversion.

DSC_8517-Edit.jpg

2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Bob

Whatever the original reason for the mono conversion - doesn't matter coz the mono looks beaut to me

I like the overall scene, the composition and the pp image contrast all work together to make it "worthwhile viewing". Well done

Phil

3. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Harsh light is a great candidate for a mono conversion. Could do with a bit more contrast IMO but nonetheless it is a great shot.

4. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Good viewpoint, and the conversion mostly works well. Did you use a ND grad filter, or a grad in post processing? The reason for asking is that the lighthouse looks dark at the top - if you can correct that, the shot will look much better.

wraggtime likes this.
  5. kayak

kayak Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shot. I like it.