• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers Diptych - Jumping in muddy puddles

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I am on a roll with some of the photos stacked up in LR which I haven't had the energy to get to. I'm happy clicking away on the camera but getting lazier with actually doing anything with them! This is a quick one of my son enjoying one of his favourite hobbies at the moment taken on a holiday in Wales in Auguit. I'm comfortable in LR but made the Diptych in PS - crikey I find it so unintuitive just to resize and arrange photos together.

I struggled to pick a border colour of all things - it is actually a slightly off white colour as true white seems a little stark. I also wasn't too sure about spacing either.

Thanks in advance for any pointers etc.

Albert Dyptych-2.jpg

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great sequence. I’d stick with a white boarder.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
These are very good and really capture the joy of puddle jumping. I think I would go with a black or white border personally.

If you want a quick way to change the border colour use the magic wand selector tool on the border and then at the bottom right hand corner column you see a half filled in circle.
Click that and select Solid colour...
The colour selector should open and as you select colours the border will change but it will only really affect the mask layer you have just created.

Just tried it with your shots and I think a dark grey blue looks pretty good as well.

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Cheers - I had used a solid colour layer "underneath" both image layers so I can easily alter as you suggest.

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just tried it with your shots and I think a dark grey blue looks pretty good as well.
@RyanB - just out of interest do you know what the rough colour code was? I have never considered using different colours like that before. All my printed photos fopr the wall are either white (or a variant of it). No worries if not.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
just out of interest do you know what the rough colour code was? I have never considered using different colours like that before. All my printed photos fopr the wall are either white (or a variant of it). No worries if not.
This was pretty close to what I was looking at yesterday. As I said normally I would go black or white depending on the shot but someone gave me a mono shot a couple years ago mounted in a similar colour to this and that is what gave me the idea to look at using colour. Its not too in your face so doesn't detract from the images although I would understand if it isn't to everyone's liking.

ColourCode.jpg

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks for that - I can see what you mean. I will ask the boss which she prefers :)

Renee Lund

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Drew, I really like your photos and what they captured. I love the mid air shot! It seems when kids find water they can't help but splash. My grandson is the same way. They look very much the same age.

Splashing the lake.jpeg

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great timing Drew, love it.

Paul