1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Dragon Slayer

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by Phill104, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm over the moon about this one :exit:

Had a couple of hours to spare after getting out early so popped over to Wilstone, Tring to see if I could nab any of the 4 hobbies there before they head off to warmer climes. Was great to have the occasional really close feeling the air moving off them encounter. However, photo opportunities were rare. Out of the side window of the hide they would pop over the top of the trees for a second or two before vanishing over some more. Fortunately, the moon was in the same area. Not sure if I should have cloned out the cloud or not.

A55A9480_1024.jpg

SharonH and Mike Singh like this.
  2. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice composition. As for the cloud it’s more personal preference, I don’t really mind it.

3. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you sir.

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great shot, Phill. The cloud is no problem.

5. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great shot Phill ... if you clone out the cloud and show results would make the answer a little easier.
    Paul

Phill104 likes this.
  7. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'd leave the cloud....else you'll have a large expanse of flat blue. The bird and the moon are great, btw

Phill104 likes this.
  8. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like the cloud in the shot. Nice capture- especially the moment.
    If I were to change anything it would to crop a little off to the left and the top. But that is just an opinion.

Phill104 likes this.
  9. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Stunning shot, not so much Dragon Slayer as Beastmaster though.

Phill104 likes this.
  10. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks all.

I watched it with three dragons in its talons that day. We could often see the remnants of wings fluttering down after each little snack.

RyanB likes this.
  11. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oh I thought you were going for the 80's fantasy theme, there is a scene in The Beastmaster where his eagle flies right in front of the moon. I doubt you had to drop the hawk out of a hot air balloon for this shot though.:D

Phill104 likes this.