1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Due to unforseen circumstances...

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by steve b, Jan 10, 2017.

1. steve b

steve b Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I had to purchase Elements 15 today

To resize using pixels you can no longer use the image drop down box, as pixels aren't on the menu, you have to take the pic from expert to guided and use a specific window - what an odd thing!

2. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That doesn't sound odd to me, sounds more like they're trying to cripple the expert mode and frustrate people in to Photoshop proper.

3. steve b

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You're probably right Sean; you then have to take it back to expert, as the 'save as' in guided doesn't give the file size. Yep, I'm sure they're trying to get the world hooked in to a forever monthly payment. I shall resist (for now),

4. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don't understand. Are you saying that when you choose Image > Resize > Image Size that you do not get a work space that lets you change the dimensions of the image using pixels rather than size (inches)?

5. steve b

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

Exactly that, pixels are no longer on the menu. There are alternatives, i.e. - save for web or open the image in guided. Elements 15 have taken this facility away. Options on the dropbox menu: Percent; inches; centimetres; millimetres; Points; Picas; Columns. But no pixels. What the last two are, I haven't clue, Mike..

6. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The bottom box is for print Steve.

steve b likes this.
  7. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @steve b you can download a PDF reference guide for Photoshop Elements from https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop-elements_reference.pdf

While the application is fairly user-friendly it is still a fairly complex program given what all it can do. If you can coax Elements to handle your processing needs you will find it a lot less complex than Lightroom.

8. john.margetts.ph

john.margetts.ph Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Resize is still there. I have been to check. The difference is that you have to check the 'resample' box at the bottom - then the pixels boxes at the top become live.

9. steve b

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

Well done John - so it is :)