1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

DxO labs Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by Newbandit, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Newbandit

Newbandit Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That's a surprise.

Newbandit likes this.
  3. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I couldnt understand why they bought NIK software as it was a product google bought sold a few copies then gave it away as a free download.

Newbandit likes this.
  4. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    DxO editing software does not support Layers or any form of masking. I believe that they needed a way to localize edits to remain competitive with Lightroom's editing capability and the NIK software provided just such a tool. That is the most significant "improvement" from OpticsPro to PhotoLab.

DxO Labs produces the Smartphone Add-on camera DxO ONE as well as photo editing software. It will be interesting to see which if any survive. I use DxO PhotoLab on occasion and find it to be a nice, complete editing environment.

paulmag likes this.
  5. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Made borderline software, fell out of the market. It's a cut-throat market out there, launching a moderately featured bit of software was a bold move, doubly so as it seemed to solely appeal to 'pixel peepers' and the sort of types who obsess over funnily enough, DxO scores but as @MikeB noted, missed some rather obvious features.

Nik got "w*nked flat" pretty quickly, everybody downloaded it, it was done-to-death, market moves on.

It's a shame the ever-tedious sister DxO stuff hasn't gone that way too :p

Next please!

Newbandit likes this.